Okay, got an M4 coming, Sato rear set parts, and a PCIII... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 01-27-2004, 6:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Okay, got an M4 coming, Sato rear set parts, and a PCIII...

...I can't wait to tear into my bike!

the M4 is off eBay (yeah, a bit used), but in nice shape, with a carbon can (bling, bling...). I'd like to rig-up a resistor (any info regarding specs would be great), and I'll see if I can get some dyno time at my local tuner's shop to dial in the PCIII.

The other cool thigs is the Sato Rear Set "Parts"--I'm going to use my Attacke Rearsets, but will purchase the SATO extended shift-shaft clamp and the linkage from Kyle racing...problem solved!! Reversible shift pattern, and I don't haev to spend $475!!!!

The local boys and I had a beautiful ride this past Saturday: we rode through Santa Paula, Ojai, onto highway 150 and then 33--the most awesome arrangements of perfectly curved roads I have ever seen!! The Dunlop D208GPS were earning theier keep--some of the sweeper were super long and perfectly clean... heaven! I even swapped bikes for a few miles with a friend on a Hayabusa--sure, great power and all that, but I found myself missing my 929. I thought I would miss the power and handling of my TLR a bit more, but this Honda is really growing on me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-28-2004, 1:35 AM

Re: Okay, got an M4 coming, Sato rear set parts, and a PCIII...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin8r
The other cool thigs is the Sato Rear Set "Parts"--I'm going to use my Attacke Rearsets, but will purchase the SATO extended shift-shaft clamp and the linkage from Kyle racing...problem solved!! Reversible shift pattern, and I don't haev to spend $475!!!!
Very cool! I like the clever use of Sato parts to get the GP-shift setup.

Quote:
The local boys and I had a beautiful ride this past Saturday: we rode through Santa Paula, Ojai, onto highway 150 and then 33--the most awesome arrangements of perfectly curved roads I have ever seen!! The Dunlop D208GPS were earning theier keep--some of the sweeper were super long and perfectly clean... heaven! I even swapped bikes for a few miles with a friend on a Hayabusa--sure, great power and all that, but I found myself missing my 929. I thought I would miss the power and handling of my TLR a bit more, but this Honda is really growing on me!
My favorite run... If you haven't already, next time continue up 33 to Cerro Noroeste and hang a right. It takes you back to Frazier Park at the 5. If you like perfectly curved roads, you will love it.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-28-2004, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonCarver
Very cool! I like the clever use of Sato parts to get the GP-shift setup.

My favorite run... If you haven't already, next time continue up 33 to Cerro Noroeste and hang a right. It takes you back to Frazier Park at the 5. If you like perfectly curved roads, you will love it.
Thanks! Actually, we were about to do that (and even loop back to hit Lakewood), but the threatened rains finally caught up to us... I've been riding Angeles Crest, Idyllwild, and Mulholland all of my life, so it was refreshing to hit new roads--the fact that they were superbly laid out and clean was a huge bonus!

By the way, does anyone haev the specs for the 02 resistor modification?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-28-2004, 1:12 PM

Quote:
got an M4 coming
What are you, some kind of IDIOT? Don't you know that a carbon M4 exhaust is for racers only, and is a complete waste of money unless you are a superbike racing star? Yo, boyeee, U wastin U bennies just doin' it for the BLING dawg! Werd.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-28-2004, 1:15 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Quote:
extended shift-shaft clamp

Clever
post #6 of 8 Old 01-28-2004, 3:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete
What are you, some kind of IDIOT? Don't you know that a carbon M4 exhaust is for racers only, and is a complete waste of money unless you are a superbike racing star? Yo, boyeee, U wastin U bennies just doin' it for the BLING dawg! Werd.
LOL!! I guess I'd beter yank the akro off the TL and send it back before someone accuses me of being a bike pimp...
post #7 of 8 Old 01-28-2004, 3:57 PM

Quote:
LOL!! I guess I'd beter yank the akro off the TL and send it back before someone accuses me of being a bike pimp...
Just the fact that you own a Suzuki...uh...nevermind.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-28-2004, 9:20 PM

I got excited just reading that... felt like i was there along with you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page