Best location to hook up your license plate without blocking the rear signals - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-14-2011, 7:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Best location to hook up your license plate without blocking the rear signals

I've received 2 warnings from the highway police officers already due to other drivers not seeing my rear turn signals clearly when I use them. Anyone else has this problem on their 954rr?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-14-2011, 8:16 PM

Reputation Power: 87

Re: Best location to hook up your license plate without blocking the rear signals

Any pics? Stock set up? Undertail signals? What about a integraded tail light?
post #3 of 6 Old 01-14-2011, 8:23 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Best location to hook up your license plate without blocking the rear signals

Oh sorry, yeah it's pretty much the stock set up with the integrated signals under the tail seat and so is the license plate bracket.
Would be best if dmv issues smaller size license plates, I say about 4x3 inches is fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-14-2011, 8:24 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 231

to the .Org !

As NWB said, what set up have you got to hide your turn signals so much ??

Any pics

Do, or do not, there is no try !
The mind is a funny thing

Jazzy's Blog
post #5 of 6 Old 01-14-2011, 9:25 PM

Reputation Power: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucktoose View Post
Would be best if dmv issues smaller size license plates, I say about 4x3 inches is fine.

With out seeing a pic I would suggest moving the plate forward to were the signals are behind it.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-15-2011, 4:54 PM

Reputation Power: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucktoose View Post
Oh sorry, yeah it's pretty much the stock set up with the integrated signals under the tail seat and so is the license plate bracket.
while I understand the plate and turn signals/reflectors on our streetbikes can look kinda crappy....you have to keep in mind that the plate and the signals need to be seen by police and more importantly the other drivers on the road.

I have seen some nice integrated turnsignals for some bikes, but when in use on the road (especially at night) you could hardly see them. I guess you have to decide what is more important....looking cool as you get a ticket/hit by a car or not looking as cool with less hassle from the police and a better chance to be seen by drivers. Just remember...you can't see the plate or the stock lights/reflectors when you are riding anyway.

Also the more issues with custom plate mounting and turn signals will only lead to stricter laws for bikes down the line.

Good luck...I how you find a good looking solution that takes away police hassle and still offers good visibility.

here is something for the front signals that offer a clean look and put the lights up and out for better visibility. Motorcycle Indicator Bar Ends :: OBERON Performance Motorcycle Parts & Accessories

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Tags
954rr , license plate , problem , turn signal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page