Repsol 2009 CBR1000RR spitting oil and cutting off - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 Old 01-16-2011, 3:10 AM Thread Starter
Naj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Repsol 2009 CBR1000RR spitting oil and cutting off

Hi Guys,

Got a issue with my bike after tuning it with PCV, the breather valve was blocked off as per the tuning instructions and after that I started having oil come out of the other 2 breather valves which spit out into and around my airbox.

In addition due to the closed loop when downshifting from 4th-3rd, 3rd-2nd and 2nd-1st my fuel is cutting off. I normally tend to blip the throttle inbetween downshifts and cant because if I do the bike turns off.

Have now installed autotune to try and sort out the fuel mapping and find the issue as I believe its all programming related.

Anyone know of the same or similar issue?

My bike has 8500kms on it and engine was rebuild under warranty due to oil burning at 8100kms.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_7604.jpg‎  

Last edited by Naj; 01-16-2011 at 3:13 AM. Reason: Additional comments
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 01-16-2011, 5:44 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Re: Repsol 2009 CBR1000RR spitting oil and cutting off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naj View Post
Hi Guys,

Got a issue with my bike after tuning it with PCV, the breather valve was blocked off as per the tuning instructions and after that I started having oil come out of the other 2 breather valves which spit out into and around my airbox.

In addition due to the closed loop when downshifting from 4th-3rd, 3rd-2nd and 2nd-1st my fuel is cutting off. I normally tend to blip the throttle inbetween downshifts and cant because if I do the bike turns off.

Have now installed autotune to try and sort out the fuel mapping and find the issue as I believe its all programming related.

My bike has 8500kms on it and engine was rebuild under warranty due to oil burning at 8100kms.

Why would you block the breather?
The engine needs to vent pressure so it needs a breather.
Do you mean the PAIR solenoid?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 32 Old 01-16-2011, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Hi I am in Bahrain, I think you mean the pair system block of? how did you do it? did you block of from the read valves? or did you plug the two tubes that are connected to the read valves? Also did you re-connect the crank case breather? Also did you block of the whole in the airbox on the right sde close to the TPS?

Im thinking if you blocked of the crancase breather then thatmaybe it. You need to explain a bit more so i can give you a remedy.

It not a fueling issue the oil.....

Hi I am in Bahrain, I think you mean the pair system block of? how did you do it? did you block of from the read valves? or did you plug the two tubes that are connected to the read valves? Also did you re-connect the crank case breather? Also did you block of the whole in the airbox on the right sde close to the TPS?

Im thinking if you blocked of the crancase breather then thatmaybe it. You need to explain a bit more so i can give you a remedy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 Old 01-16-2011, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis14685 View Post

Im thinking if you blocked of the crancase breather then thatmaybe it. You need to explain a bit more so i can give you a remedy

hay u should only be blocking of 2 not the one in the middle, the one in the middle is the crankcase breather dont block that of
post #5 of 32 Old 01-17-2011, 2:56 AM Thread Starter
Naj

Wow guys, great input, ill check with my mechanic today. Im not sure the exact pipe we blocked, its a large plastic pipe which is used for enviromental issues for the bike its located on the right side of the airbox if you are sitting on the bike. Ill check and get back to you guys about everything you wrote.

Thanks
post #6 of 32 Old 01-17-2011, 3:09 AM

Quote:
Wow guys, great input, ill check with my mechanic today. Im not sure the exact pipe we blocked, its a large plastic pipe which is used for enviromental issues for the bike its located on the right side of the airbox if you are sitting on the bike. Ill check and get back to you guys about everything you wrote.

yes on the right side of airbox should be blocked of and the right and left side pair valve thing. However theres a tube in the centre of the airbox thats the crankcase breather dont block that of and make sure its connected to the airbox........

if you have a fueling issue, that will not have anything to do with oil, and you will get a warning on yout meter. Mechanics are **** in Dubai, so check that he has not put 30 litres of oil in your engine instead of 3.8

Also if you blocked of the pairs it means its blocked of, so nothing can come out of there coz its blocked of if you know what i mean

If you done the pair system you better of done the flapper mod

Thanks
yes on the right side of airbox should be blocked of and the right and left side pair valve thing. However theres a tube in the centre of the airbox thats the crankcase breather dont block that of and make sure its connected to the airbox........

if you have a fueling issue, that will not have anything to do with oil, and you will get a warning on yout meter. Mechanics are **** in Dubai, so check that he has not put 30 litres of oil in your engine instead of 3.8

Also if you blocked of the pairs it means its blocked of, so nothing can come out of there coz its blocked of if you know what i mean

post #7 of 32 Old 01-17-2011, 3:10 AM

Quote:
Hi Guys,

oil cant come out if you blocked them of
post #8 of 32 Old 01-17-2011, 7:18 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Why?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #9 of 32 Old 01-17-2011, 7:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
Why?

If he blocked of the pairs then there blocked ! nothing going in nothing going out.

If there not blocked of then maybe ......

I suspect oil is coming from the crank breather
post #10 of 32 Old 01-17-2011, 7:45 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
If he blocked of the pairs then there blocked ! nothing going in nothing going out.

If there not blocked of then maybe ......

I suspect oil is coming from the crank breather

I mean, what does the PAIR system have to do with the flapper?

If you block the breather, the pressure is still likely to find a way to vent somewhere - often by blowing a seal or gasket.

post #11 of 32 Old 01-17-2011, 7:50 AM

Quote:
Hi Guys,

about the downshifting bleeping.....u should reject any changes to the fuel map under 3000 rpm if you dont your bike will rally in 0% throttle position. Furthermore if you got any nasty bits like -44% just after a + 25 % fuel on you map your Honda Meter will give you amber warning when you hit the nasty bit .

If I were you, sounds like your rebuild may have an issue, take it back you got your waranty
post #12 of 32 Old 01-17-2011, 8:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
I mean, what does the PAIR system have to do with the flapper?

If you block the breather, the pressure is still likely to find a way to vent somewhere - often by blowing a seal or gasket.
Yes, assuming he blocked the crankcase breather.............. When you do the pair you may as well do the flapper/solonoids then you can remove your fairings in one pcs without unscrewing the ram airducts from the fairings. lift it out, drop it down both sides and the lower fairing in one blob.
post #13 of 32 Old 01-17-2011, 8:21 AM Thread Starter
Naj

Guys its the airvalve pipe which has been blocked not the crankcase breather (if you block that you'll pop the engine as per my mechanic) Who BTW is a awesome fellow named Dean he has been racing honda's and tuning them for over 25years and works at the local Aprilia dealership (Dynojet authorised tuner for over 10years).

So what other holes can be blocked off?

Dean says give the engine some run in time and that oil should dissapear as he suspects it was from the old piston rings which were leaking, this is just extra dirt coming out basically. I trust the guy but am always open to ideas..

Attached is a pic of the leak coming out of the box (closed on the pic) thats the front part of the box towards the nose of the bike.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG01047-20110116-1139.jpg‎  
post #14 of 32 Old 01-17-2011, 9:49 AM

Quote:
Guys its the airvalve pipe which has been blocked not the crankcase breather (if you block that you'll pop the engine as per my mechanic) Who BTW is a awesome fellow named Dean he has been racing honda's and tuning them for over 25years and works at the local Aprilia dealership (Dynojet authorised tuner for over 10years).

So what other holes can be blocked off?

Dean says give the engine some run in time and that oil should dissapear as he suspects it was from the old piston rings which were leaking, this is just extra dirt coming out basically. I trust the guy but am always open to ideas..

Attached is a pic of the leak coming out of the box (closed on the pic) thats the front part of the box towards the nose of the bike.
Yes send a pic then we can nail it.

THE HAS ONE TUBE ON THE LEFT AND ONE TUBE ON THE RIGHT THAT CONNECT TO THE REEV VALVES (SHOULD BE BLOCKED OF) AND ONE TUBE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE VALVES THAT CONNECT TO THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE AIRBOX (SHOULD BE BLOCKED OF AT THE AIRBOX)

WHEN YOU DO THE PAIR YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE VELOCITY STACKS AND BOTTOM OF THE AIRBOX. AT THAT POINT THERES A CRANKCASE BREATHER, WONDERING IF THEY BLOCKED THAT OF TO
post #15 of 32 Old 01-18-2011, 3:11 AM Thread Starter
Naj

Right,

Here are the pics, the crankcase breather is the one in the middle I believe and thats where the oil is coming out from. We suspect that its remaining oil from the engine rebuild job. I cleaned it again even the pipe itself, will keep riding and do the oil change after the run in 1000kms is done and then recheck it.

You can see a white marble which is blocking the airvalve on the right hose. This is as per tuning instruction manuals as this is only for enviromental emissions.

Comments are welcome

1st pic shows the oil coming from the pipe into the airbox, 2nd pic is the airbox completely removed.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG01052-20110117-1746.jpg‎   IMG01055-20110117-1825.jpg‎  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page