929 possible bad gaz?(video) - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 01-17-2011, 7:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 10

929 possible bad gaz?(video)

I just brought my bike out of storage.I started it with no problems last weeks.Then I went to start it again last night and it just doesn't run right at all.I put in seafoam in the fuel to stabilize.Could I have put to much?

Here is the link.You can clearly hear how it sounds around the 28 sec mark.

I will change the fuel tonight but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-17-2011, 7:26 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Re: 929 possible bad gaz?(video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volitan View Post
I just brought my bike out of storage.I started it with no problems last weeks.Then I went to start it again last night and it just doesn't run right at all.I put in seafoam in the fuel to stabilize.Could I have put to much?

Here is the link.You can clearly hear how it sounds around the 28 sec mark.

I will change the fuel tonight but any help would be greatly appreciated.

YouTube - bike running cbr 929

Any fuel coming through the vacuum line on the fuel pressure regulator?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 9 Old 01-17-2011, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Yes I looked and its bone dry..a few other things id like to point out. It was -20 Celsius at least. I also warn up the garage 3-4 times a week to work in it.

Would a bike run like crap at -20 Celsius ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 01-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by volitan View Post
Yes I looked and its bone dry..a few other things id like to point out. It was -20 Celsius at least. I also warn up the garage 3-4 times a week to work in it.

Would a bike run like crap at -20 Celsius ?
I've only a few times in my life been down to freezing point so I can't even imagine what -20C is like.
But, yes I'd expect it to run pretty badly at that sort of temp, unless it's been tuned to operate in that weather.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #5 of 9 Old 01-17-2011, 7:48 PM Thread Starter

Im just curious as to what would be the symptoms when the tempature is really cold like here...Can you see in the video the way it runs?
post #6 of 9 Old 01-17-2011, 8:35 PM

Reputation Power: 15

At -20 C there is no way that the bike is going to behave after running for only 30 seconds. But, if in fact it ran to the point of reaching 120-150 on the gauge I would point to the Seafoam. Although I haven't had any direct experience with Seafoam, I know that over doing it with the stabilizer is going to compromise engine performance. I'm in the small engine business and I've seen some crazy amounts of stabilizer added to fuel, and even though there was no damage or long term issues, the fuel had to go before those motors settled down.

In the cold climates of Canada, northern Europe, and the northern States, I have never been a fan of starting the engine every now and then. The problem is that the engine will never get up to proper operating temperature and therefore will not vaporize and expel moisture efficiently. In fact, going from hot to cold to hot etc.. only increases the chance of moisture buildup in the crankcase and exhaust systems. I used to store my 929 in an unheated garage, topped up the tank to absolute full ie. next to no air space, with Shell v-power ( no ethanol), a bit of stabilizer, then run her for a few minutes to circulate the fuel through the entire system. Then stuff the air box and exhaust pipe to keep out the critters ( don't forget about the stuffing come spring!). Remove the battery, cover her up and whisper..."sweet dreams". Works every time.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-17-2011, 9:42 PM Thread Starter

thanks for all your help,,,I found the problem...1 bad plug
post #8 of 9 Old 01-17-2011, 11:06 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Yeah just as a couple other guys said on here over here in my neck of the woods i go from 90-100 degrees 8 months down to 0-5 degrees for 4 months I run a dragster over here that runs 7 seconds in the quarter mile i run it every weekend and i have to change jets and sometimes timing to get it to heat up faster when its colder out to get get it to run right so id think my bike would be the same way never really thought about it doing to no way i would ride it in 5 degree weather and i run a collision repair and custom paint shop so my shop is always heated so ive never got a chance to try to start it when its really cold. but do to me having to tune my dragster to run in diffrent temps i would think your bike would be the same way.
Attached Thumbnails
cbr929rr.jpg‎  
post #9 of 9 Old 01-17-2011, 11:07 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Oh sorry i over looked where you said you found the problem.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page