cold-tested 1000RR live
Couple of things an 954-owner noticed
- looks way better live than in pictures (even our crappy euro-colours cannot ruin the looks); overall design sharper than in 954 (without looking like a Vorlon warship like yamaha), cannot help feeling that my 954 now looks outdated
- plenty of swingarm clearance (> 2 inches) to run 190/55 tires; if not so much hugger clearance
- radiator looks huge when compared with the one in 954
- more race-oriented ergos (bars noticeably lower and pegs higher than in 954), but for some reason does not feel uncomfortable even for a tall person (I'm 189 cm)
- same store had black ZX-10R also on display, looks also better than in pictures, but not CBR1000RR caliber IMHO when it comes to styling
Got a pretty aggressive trade-up offer for my 954 (same store, same salesperson I bought the 954 from two years ago) and I'm starting to get the feeling I'll soon be ordering one. Do I need one? Propably not, but around 25-30 trackdays next summer will give me plenty of time to enjoy a new toy should I choose to get one. Delivery date (unconfirmed) was said to be May 12th, which sounds quite late, given this early.