900RR Electrical Question. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 01-26-2011, 4:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

900RR Electrical Question.

Hello everyone. I posted on the new member thread yesterday and am gonna go ahead and dive in to my first of hopefully not too many questions here.
First off, I just picked up a 93 900RR last weekend at a real nice price but the electrical system is currently down. I am pretty competent in a 12volt system but just want to see what you guys think about this.
The R/R is totally fried. Furthermore, the wires coming out are burnt to a crisp for about 4-5 inches. But they are completely intact as the head into the main harness so hopefully that wont need to be replaced.
Now, all the fuses up top (fairing), check out for continuity on a meter. I didn't have time to check the main 30A before having to leave for work, but I did get a reading of 12v on the red/white wire coming out of R/R, so logic tells me that the main is good.
So to the questions. 1.) What do you think the odds are that the stator got toasted at the same time as the R/R? and 2.)Shouldn't I still be getting lights, ign, ect. from the battery power even if the R/R is disconnected or does that complete a circuit?
Thanks for reading this long post!
Attached Thumbnails
HARNESS.JPG‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page