CBR 954 Factory Pro Evo Shift Kit??? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 02-13-2011, 6:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 56

Garage
CBR 954 Factory Pro Evo Shift Kit???

Anyone have one of these kits on their 954? I purchased a Dynojet Quickshifter today and am considering this shift kit too. I just wonder how much difference it makes and is it worth the money?

SOLD: 03 CBR954
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 02-15-2011, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 12

Re: CBR 954 Factory Pro Evo Shift Kit???

I dont personally have one on my bike..but I have ridden a couple with the shift kit.. it is much crisper..I guess if i was doing some clutch work and maybe an oil change I could justify doing it..
post #3 of 17 Old 02-15-2011, 1:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKool929 View Post
I dont personally have one on my bike..but I have ridden a couple with the shift kit.. it is much crisper..I guess if i was doing some clutch work and maybe an oil change I could justify doing it..
I agree with the install part. Seems like an awful lot of work and along with the high cost of the kit itself. Unless I find the kit cheap then this mod will be at the bottom of my list.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 02-15-2011, 2:20 PM

Reputation Power: 11

I'll be installing the Dynojet Quickshift on my bike in a couple weeks. Did you just score yours on ebay? If so, I almost sniped it from you. I ended up going for the other one the guy was selling. My buddy said that If I don't like it, he'd buy it from me. Since he's got a Hayabusa, I went with the #4-104 because of it's more universal fit.

I won't be able to give a review until the snow melts but once it does, I plan on testing the hell out of it.
post #5 of 17 Old 02-15-2011, 3:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk View Post
I'll be installing the Dynojet Quickshift on my bike in a couple weeks. Did you just score yours on ebay? If so, I almost sniped it from you. I ended up going for the other one the guy was selling. My buddy said that If I don't like it, he'd buy it from me. Since he's got a Hayabusa, I went with the #4-104 because of it's more universal fit.

I won't be able to give a review until the snow melts but once it does, I plan on testing the hell out of it.
That would be me. The seller was from Canada and the item ended on Sunday. There was another used one on ebay a few days earlier for under $100 shipped but someone got it while I was watching it. I doubt you will be able to use the 4-104 kit without a lot of modification.

Linear Travel Sensor Kit - For applications where a bike does not have a shift rod, or the Shift Rod Sensor will not fit, we offer a Linear Travel Sensor. One end of this sensor is mounted to the shift lever itself and the other to a fixed point on the chassis. This sensor is available in both "push" and "pull" style to suit all installations. A universal mounting kit is included.

http://www.powercommander.com/powerc.../QSInstall.pdf

post #6 of 17 Old 02-15-2011, 10:50 PM

I might be able to get creative with mounting it. If not, my buddy will buy it and I'll get a 4-102.

Kind of glad I didn't snipe you. Let me know how it works out for you.
post #7 of 17 Old 02-27-2011, 11:04 AM

I got mine in the mail the other day. It's different then the one pictured in the ad. It's more like the 4-102 with an extended rod built in and heim joints on either end.

I'm in the process of making a stainless steel rod extention for it and it will mount just like the 4-102.

Here's a pic.

post #8 of 17 Old 02-27-2011, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
I got mine in the mail the other day. It's different then the one pictured in the ad. It's more like the 4-102 with an extended rod built in and heim joints on either end.

I'm in the process of making a stainless steel rod extention for it and it will mount just like the 4-102.

Here's a pic.

This style cannot be mounted inline like the 4-102. It must be mounted vertical to work correctly. I have mine mounted and will post a pic of it when I get home tonight.

post #9 of 17 Old 02-27-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdoc View Post
This style cannot be mounted inline like the 4-102. It must be mounted vertical to work correctly. I have mine mounted and will post a pic of it when I get home tonight.
A pic would be great. Thanks.
post #10 of 17 Old 02-27-2011, 7:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
A pic would be great. Thanks.
Here is pic of my quickshifter mounted. The style you purchased must be mounted vertical and attached to the shifter and a fixed point straight above on the motor or frame. I would sell it and buy the correct one instead of trying to make the linear style work on your bike.
Attached Thumbnails
mail.jpg‎  

post #11 of 17 Old 02-27-2011, 10:31 PM

I took your advice and bought a 4-102.

I'm still going to come up with a mounting system for the 4-104 though. I have something in mind and if it works, will give others an alternative option.

Thanks for posting the pic backdoc.
post #12 of 17 Old 04-18-2011, 1:02 PM

Reputation Power: 15

hey backdoc, did you ever end up getting that shift kit from factory pro? I was thinking of getting one for my 08 but i want to get some feedback on it first! I have rear some good reviews from guys that have them on other bikes..mainly suzuki's but they shift like crap to begin with...my honda isnt all that bad but im sure theres room for improvement...
post #13 of 17 Old 04-21-2011, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 CBR View Post
hey backdoc, did you ever end up getting that shift kit from factory pro? I was thinking of getting one for my 08 but i want to get some feedback on it first! I have rear some good reviews from guys that have them on other bikes..mainly suzuki's but they shift like crap to begin with...my honda isnt all that bad but im sure theres room for improvement...
No not yet. After checking on the install I am going to wait until the clutch needs replaced before tearing into it. The install requires removing the entire clutch assembly and since my clutch is working fine right now I am not going to remove it to install a shift kit and risk having a clutch issue by re-installing the old clutch.

post #14 of 17 Old 04-21-2011, 12:11 AM

Reputation Power: 15

i see....I think the 08+ install is a little easier...but im not sure. I was thinking of getting one of these instead of a quickshifter because the quickshifter is going to run me about $400-500 on my bike after all the parts...this shift star might not be as good but for $150 even if the shift are a little better it would be worth it!
post #15 of 17 Old 05-01-2011, 9:10 PM

Reputation Power: 14

I had a Factory Pro Shift kit and installed it on my ninja ZX6r. It did make the shits alot smoother but was a PITA to install. For me it turned out to be a nightmare. For the gain, labor and price I wouldnt do it again. If the bike was already apart for another repair like clutch basket replacement then I would consider it but not on the performance alone

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page