Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Bypass key switch need help

7K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  wholelottanines 
#1 ·
Ok I've search and found a couple different post on how to bypass the key switch on different CBR's and I've tryed them but nothing works on my 929, the diode thing but everytime I ture on the stop/start switch it blows fuses,

#3 ·
30 amp on starter relay

#5 ·
just the 30 at the starter relay, everything wired back to stock

#7 ·
no everything works fine stock it's when I tryed to bypass the key switch it blows fuse

#9 ·
I've put the motor in a quad and want to get rid of anything not needed

#12 ·
go to this web page ( Hardtimes Custom Quads - Home ) this is what I do, I build quads for other people, nothing stolen, this is my first Honda so I need a little help with the wiring

#14 ·
USA

#15 ·
Ok, lets take this to PMs. I don't want a searchable solution on the forum. It would be far too easy for someone to steal a bike with this info and although another member discusses what to replace in the ignition switch to repair a broken ignition switch, there is a component missing to make it work without the ignition switch.

#16 ·
ok

thanks

#17 ·
unfetteredmight thanks again for all the help could not have done it without your help

Michael

#19 ·
Trying to reach unfetteredmight. please help. I recently repossessed my 900 from a guy that should be strapped in a stock honda odyssey and pushed over a cliff. I'm slowly stitching my bike back together but before I go too far I need to get it started. I have a spare key I kept, unfortunately the ignition switch is gone. I've done some research but nothing helpfull. "Diodes that activate fuel pumps"......??? I'm not a wizard but I know my bike and there is NO fuel pump. 12v down to 9v...?? WHAT??? Can someone just give me a straight real answer.?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.