need some answers - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 01-30-2004, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

need some answers

My bud just picked up a 95 900RR He's got some question about upgrading the body work, here is what he emailed me.

Quote:
Well, I have the 95 CBR 900RR now and let me tell ya, its something else. I mean not only is it a nice bike, but the guy that sold it to me lied and ripped me off. Now i love the bike, but I didnt know i had to buy a new tank (he had a 97 tank) Doesnt fit... gave me a sub frame that said "CBR900RRT" and the one i needed was "CBR900RRS" yeah i didnt know you needed 95 frames and nothing else. People say the 95 was a weird year. ANYWAYS! I have found a Single sided swing arm on ebay. great price, prolly get outbidded but oh well.

This is what im doing.

People have 95-97 Honda CBR 900RR Custom... 95 double R with 99 double R panels. I know with some bracket configurating and some beer, any thing is possible. But what I'm asking is; has anyone tried this upgrade? will I need a 99 sub frame to hold the 99 panels along with the tail light? what about the upper fairing? I have the 99 mid fairings and the 98 lower cowl. fits great! I'm in the proccess of painting them now. I feel lost if i cant customize something. Its that feeling of when people look at her and say "WOW" then im like "Yeah whateva, I did it." lol
thanks guys, I'll post some pics once all his mods are done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page