Power commander IIIR help on my 03 954RR - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-27-2011, 4:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Power commander IIIR help on my 03 954RR

Hello all just bought my 03 954RR last month. No probs with it just a little dirty. The guy gave me the complete set up for the PC incuding the disks and the two usb to serial cord to attach to the latop. i installed the program updated the PC website, downloaded all the maps. Hooked the little 9 volt to the PC started the program and it registerd the PC as being connected to the port. I loaded the yoshi full exhuast map to the program then then sent it to the PC. Follwed the instructions on the pc to hook it up to my bike. starting with the fuel injectors then the red clips then ground wire on the battery turned bike on presserd kill switch to run watched the pc light up. Tried to start my bike and nothing. did it 5 to 10 times and nothing. it sounds like the exhaust puffs like 1 or twice but thats it. I called PC and the said try disconneting the red clips. I did and stillnothing. Any thoughts. I got it for free so i wana put it on i dont wana sell it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-27-2011, 4:55 PM

Reputation Power: 11

Re: Power commander IIIR help on my 03 954RR

Doubble check to make sure that when u hook it up make sure it maks a snap noise. but other wise..
When u upload the files trying putting in the zero map. i know i know just listen.
send the map.
disconnet pc.
now plug pc in, press get map. What does it say. it should sayy there is no map found.
now up load new map i think 011 or something like that.
Press send. do a double check to make sure the usb is fully pluggd into the pc first.
Do a quick run and turn it on and give it a little bit of gas. to check if there is a response on the computer.
Then u should be good to go.
Lmk what happens but members do it just like this
post #3 of 4 Old 04-28-2011, 8:56 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 0

Yea I made sure that all the connections were tight and while the pc was plugged in I thurned the bike off and hooked the pc up to my laptop. I did what u said. Still nothing. I think I'm goin to take it to this dynojet dealer around where I live and have them do it for me and troubleshoot it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-29-2011, 5:23 AM

Reputation Power: 15

why wasnt the PC installed on the bike when you got it??? sounds like the PC is defective...i had something similar happen to me and it was a GIANT headache....DJ will sometimes fix the units though too so it might be worth it to send it in and have them run a diagnostic test on it...thats what they did for mine and it only took about 2 weeks from the time it left to the time it arrived...not too bad... GL BUD!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page