Adjusting steeering head bearings on 2006 1000RR - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 04-27-2011, 8:50 PM Thread Starter
DRH

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Adjusting steeering head bearings on 2006 1000RR

I suspect the steering head bearings on my 1000RR are in need of adjustment. I've noticed a slight judder/vibration from the front end when braking to a standstill and a slight vagueness when turning in. I'm going to check them once I get a bit of spare time and my mate is available to assist (damn the lack of a centre stand!).

Has anybody any hints or tips to pass on and are there any problems removing the electronic steering damper to get access to the adjuster nuts/collars?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Tags
steering bearing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page