Setting the TPS on an RRW help please, i ride to Spain next friday! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 05-15-2011, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Setting the TPS on an RRW help please, i ride to Spain next friday!

At high revs (8K plus under load) the engine misfires. At the moment it is still sitting on a Dyno at Brian Pedders place. We have ruled out fuelling problems and turned our attention to the TPS because when we dissconected it it gave the same misfire all the way through the rev range (when it would rev). We removed it and checked the operation, the two resistance readings from centre to left and right seem smooth enough, the problem is now that we can not set it to give the same results as before, wherever we set the TPS it misfires all the way through the range. Even holding it at a point (say 5K) where it wasnt misfiring before and moving the TPS through its adjustment range we cant get rid of the misfire.

I know there is a proceedure for setting up the TPS on a 929, does anyone know how to do this on a 1998 RRW 918cc Blade?

I have got to get this fixed as i am off to Spain with the bike and the rest of the guys next friday.

HELP!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page