RR8/9/10 dipstick - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-18-2011, 4:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 15

RR8/9/10 dipstick

RR9 Blade

Anyone any idea how much oil is required to top up from the minimum level on the dipstick to the upper level. I've seem this in various bike owners handbooks can't find it in mine.

Ta

--
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-19-2011, 4:38 AM

Reputation Power: 41

Re: RR8/9/10 dipstick

I asked at the dealer ages ago mate and one of the techs told me it was approx 200mls.

Try 100mls first then check, obviously overfill is not good.

Cheers

Sometimes I wish I was a faster rider, but there's no heroes in the graveyard..............
post #3 of 6 Old 05-19-2011, 5:48 PM Thread Starter

Cheers Splatty, haven't been on for a while. You still running the Scorpion, any other mods? I ditched the Yoshi and picked up a new 2nd hand (IYKWIM) RR10 model exhaust for mine, only other mod is one of these. Goes on nice and tidy and simply plugs into the diagnostics socket, no wiring required.

GIpro DS Series Gear Indicators

Back to the oil situation. I'm sure my bike is using some oil but not a lot (Actually I'd prefer it not to use any oil between services like every other bike I've owned!) Its an RR9 I bought late in 2009, due to me dropping it at the start of the summer last year and then getting involved in a protracted dispute with the insurance company I didn't get much use out of it. I'll hopefully get to use the bike more this year and keep an eye on oil usage.

When I got it back from the 600 mile service the oil level was quite low, so I got a litre of oil and topped it up myself using approx 125ml. There is now 375ml of oil left in the bottle and my mileage is at 3000 (Oil at top mark) So a rough guesstimate is that its used 500ml oil in 2400 miles, by my reckoning that's approx 208ml oil per 1000 miles. Think that all adds up correctly.

I'm off to the TT and will probably be doing around 1000 miles while I'm there, so if its 200ml between marks on the dipstick if I put 100ml in after 500 miles or so (Obviously I'll check the level first) it should keep it within the marks. I'm camping so don't want to be carrying a litre bottle of oil with me, a 200ml bottle will fit nicely in my pocket on the way over.

Its fooking sad in this day n age that you need to carry oil around with you for your Honda

Last edited by tullyhubbert; 05-20-2011 at 2:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-21-2011, 7:48 AM

Reputation Power: 41

You are not wrong mate, this is the only bike I have ever had to put oil in too.

Looked at the gear indicator for a while, just never got round to buying one. If I do that, is the one I would get, not into wiring !!

I'll be at the TT myself, 2-6 June, but going with my mate in the car as he has a friend over there we can stay with for free

Sometimes I wish I was a faster rider, but there's no heroes in the graveyard..............
post #5 of 6 Old 05-21-2011, 5:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatty View Post
I'll be at the TT myself, 2-6 June, but going with my mate in the car as he has a friend over there we can stay with for free
8 more sleeps, looking forward to it
post #6 of 6 Old 06-19-2011, 8:55 AM Thread Starter

TT has come and gone, great time as ever how about you Splatty? I'm over at the ManxGP for a few days in early Sept so at least I don't have a full year to wait again

I've not topped the bike up with oil since before that picture was taken (2900 miles) Now on 3800 miles and the oil is appox 60-70% between min and max (Closer to the max) So if it takes 200ml between the marks its using less than 100ml per 1000 miles. Not too bad I suppose

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page