WHEN I SHIFT DOWN TO FIRST IT CUTS OFF SOMETIMES AND MAKES KLINK SOUND WHAT IS IT - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 05-19-2011, 1:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

WHEN I SHIFT DOWN TO FIRST IT CUTS OFF SOMETIMES AND MAKES KLINK SOUND WHAT IS IT

Hey guys,
when i shift down into first once in awhile the bike will turn off, and it makes a klink when i shift down everytime. It wasnt doing this when i got the bike but now it is.. any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-19-2011, 1:19 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: WHEN I SHIFT DOWN TO FIRST IT CUTS OFF SOMETIMES AND MAKES KLINK SOUND WHAT IS IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceitpls View Post
Hey guys,
when i shift down into first once in awhile the bike will turn off, and it makes a klink when i shift down everytime. It wasnt doing this when i got the bike but now it is.. any ideas?

Loose sidestand and/or switch perhaps?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 13 Old 05-19-2011, 2:15 PM

Reputation Power: 16

Re: WHEN I SHIFT DOWN TO FIRST IT CUTS OFF SOMETIMES AND MAKES KLINK SOUND WHAT IS IT

Quote:
Hey guys,
Pretty Much any bike clunks when you go from Neutral to 1st. That is normal, sounds like the bike cuts off cause the stand is either down or the switch connected to it is malfunctioning

A man who asks is a fool for five minutes. A man who never asks is a fool for life.
'09 CBR1000RR Repsol
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...tml#post961521
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 05-19-2011, 2:19 PM Thread Starter

soo it just wont start because the kick stand is down??? thats wild ite.. then there is no problem. and its not a bad kink just a little louder than it was
post #5 of 13 Old 05-19-2011, 2:22 PM

Reputation Power: 16

Quote:
soo it just wont start because the kick stand is down??? thats wild ite.. then there is no problem. and its not a bad kink just a little louder than it was
The bike will still start if the kick stand is down, assuming the bike is in gear and the clutch is disengaged, obviously if you let the clutch out the bike will hop forward on you, But if you start it in neutral without depressing the clutch and leave the kick stand down when you kick it into first the engine will cut off so you dont drive away with your stand down and dump the bike.

A man who asks is a fool for five minutes. A man who never asks is a fool for life.
'09 CBR1000RR Repsol
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...tml#post961521
post #6 of 13 Old 05-19-2011, 2:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09GrandRR View Post
The bike will still start if the kick stand is down, assuming the bike is in gear and the clutch is disengaged, obviously if you let the clutch out the bike will hop forward on you, But if you start it in neutral without depressing the clutch and leave the kick stand down when you kick it into first the engine will cut off so you dont drive away with your stand down and dump the bike.
Yea i always start it in neutral and usually try to get in first and then take the kickstand down.. its a bad habbit.. well good looks ya helped out for sure.
post #7 of 13 Old 05-19-2011, 2:33 PM Thread Starter

how do i add a pic to my name so when i post its there
post #8 of 13 Old 05-19-2011, 3:12 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Yea i always start it in neutral and usually try to get in first and then take the kickstand down.. its a bad habbit.. well good looks ya helped out for sure.

From your description I was assuming you meant shifting down from second while riding.
If it's particularly clunky put it into gear before you start the engine, pull the clutch lever in and rock the bike back and forth to free up the clutch. Then put it in neutral and start the engine.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #9 of 13 Old 05-23-2011, 9:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
From your description I was assuming you meant shifting down from second while riding.
If it's particularly clunky put it into gear before you start the engine, pull the clutch lever in and rock the bike back and forth to free up the clutch. Then put it in neutral and start the engine.
ya that sounds like a good idea im gunna try that next time i do. ill let u know how it turns out.. also another thing i took all my plastics off to paint them and it didnt have a lower fairing stay.. now do i need that to put the fairings back on. like absolutely need it for basic riding? or could i manage without it.
post #10 of 13 Old 05-24-2011, 12:36 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
ya that sounds like a good idea im gunna try that next time i do. ill let u know how it turns out.. also another thing i took all my plastics off to paint them and it didnt have a lower fairing stay.. now do i need that to put the fairings back on. like absolutely need it for basic riding? or could i manage without it.

What lower fairing stay do you mean?

post #11 of 13 Old 05-24-2011, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
What lower fairing stay do you mean?
I have the fairing stay for the mirrors. I mean the one for the lights and the lower fairings on the front of the bike
post #12 of 13 Old 05-24-2011, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

i was thinking about just making a bracket out of aluminum.
post #13 of 13 Old 05-24-2011, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

because i have have left over aluminum flat rod about an inch wide and would be perfect to make it out of semi easy to bend and wont cost me 70 bucks to buy one ya know

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page