singapore 954 firebladw - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 05-23-2011, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

singapore 954 firebladw

Hi guys i am singapore and recently owned a fireblade. I hv gone to threads on heat drm frame. Many commented sh wear leather but singapore way too hot. I was wondering if i cd tie up part of the frame with exhaust wrap and glue it with loctite adhesive that sh with stans heat to 200 degree C. I ride daily to work in jeans and yet its frying me thigh after45 min of heavy trafic and stoppages. My temp reads either 110 or 220 degree F . Is this normal heat produce by 954s. Second the shop wh i bought frm was not honest in advice and fix nee single compound michelin. The rear is 180 /55 . Please inpute adv. Thanks. Take note singapore temp is humid hot . Everytime i ride it like i ride abv legal speed to keep my temp bet 95 to 105 degrees n we got lots of soeed traps.. here
U
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-24-2011, 10:47 AM

Reputation Power: 9

Re: singapore 954 firebladw

Can't you just get a scooter and lane split? Much cooler and no nasty glued exhaust wrap on the frame.
post #3 of 8 Old 05-24-2011, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

I used to ride zzr 1400 but due to situation of financial oriorities i sold off my bike. Used half to pay off my dad medical bills and some for family meeds. My balance was enuf to get this blade wh i cd only affosd n wd at least allow me some thrill. N also as transport. Singapore tax n levies on vehicle is not very encouraging.. so nlade was best looking and on start engine dont seem problem . Shop dont allow long test ride as insurance is extremely restrictive in law. I intend to open up thermostst flush rad n tink of heat shield. My group of friends and me do long runs into makaysia but getting to the border has heavy traffic n 15 mins ride brings heat on triangle hot as iron n cant grip tank. Its cheapest get away. I cant afford second vehicle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-24-2011, 11:35 AM

Reputation Power: 9

I understand. I would do a coolant flush, following the procedure in the manual. I just got my 954 a month ago and fortunately Dallas isn't into the 100s yet; so I'm not sure how hot she'll get. I'm sure others who have had more saddle time can give you an idea if what you're experiencing is normal.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-24-2011, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Tks f understanding. My temp on bike reach 105 fegrees C or 220 degrees F . Frame of aliminim picks up heat n transfer to triangle below seat. For me just git my bike for 10 fays. I like the looks n write out but did not expect this. So if i cd figure out a heat shiekd of sort not too expensive it wd help. But if i hv ckear traffic n allows me to ride reasonable soeed ya temp is abt 90 plus but once at traffic lights it just climb. Fan triggers abt 98 degrees.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-25-2011, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

Hi.. on the above issue can anyone give advice. I was told that i could used heat resistance ceramic paint to spray on the triangle below the seat. Wat happens i was told the painted part on the otherside will be cool . Is this true? pk help. Thanks.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-26-2011, 9:27 PM

I dont know about the paint keeping the paint down, but your temps are normal. The normal operating temp for 954s is 220 F. I usually just keep my legs a little open when in traffic, two reasons....keeps heat from bike off of your leg and also you can get some air directed to your nuts and cool those off a bit too.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-27-2011, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Tks for temp info. My concern if i want to play on the corners it be too hot to hang out...if i firgit
.. boy o boy i gonna get iron shape tattoo for free thatson my inner thigh . ... i get tempted if i see corners opportunity . Thats why i tot of painting ceramic or wrap it
Some one said maybe i sh get DEI can to spray heat shield. Any more advice. Can i used iridium sparks plug for an 02 blade.?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page