This any good? (CBR900) - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 05-25-2011, 7:04 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 01-16-2011
Location: South Africa
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
This any good? (CBR900)




They say it's a 1999? Anything 'off' noticable?
brmoore is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 Old 05-25-2011, 8:23 AM
 
Join Date: 08-19-2008
Location: Qld, Oz
Posts: 6,493
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 166
                     
Re: This any good? (CBR900)

Well it's a 1999 shape, but the fairing colours don't look quite right to me. Maybe they are aftermarket ones? Or maybe the owner had decided to make some "improvements".

If you compare to the link below...

http://www.total***************/down...3-CBR900RR.htm

The tail is most obvious, as the end should be white. Also, the tank should have white Honda wings and purple flashes on it. The front mudguard has red side pods when they should be white. Finally, the HONDA text at the very bottom of the bike doesn't seem right to me. If you look at the link, the fairing screw just comes in to the top part of the O. ON the pics you've posted, the screw is aligned with the corner of the N.

It also has aftermarket front indicators and the number plate hanger has been butchered, but these may or may not be an issue for you.

At first glance it looks OK, but I suspect it has aftermarket fairings on it. I've never seen/used any of them myself, but I suspect the quality would not be as good as OE.

If they are aftermarket, ask yourself why. Possibly because it's been down the road?

None of this necessarily means it is a bad bike, but if I am correct, IMHO it would not be worth anywhere near as much as an original example.

Last edited by Dangerous Des; 05-25-2011 at 8:28 AM.
Dangerous Des is offline  
post #3 of 17 Old 05-25-2011, 8:26 AM
 
Join Date: 08-19-2008
Location: Qld, Oz
Posts: 6,493
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 166
                     
Re: This any good? (CBR900)

Ah this stupid bloody site and censorship! The link is to total motorcycle dot com. If you google 1999 fireblade, it should come up with a few pics, one of which is of the coloursheme you have posted. Click the picture and it will take you to the site.
Dangerous Des is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 Old 05-25-2011, 8:33 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 01-16-2011
Location: South Africa
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: This any good? (CBR900)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Des View Post
Ah this stupid bloody site and censorship! The link is to total motorcycle dot com. If you google 1999 fireblade, it should come up with a few pics, one of which is of the coloursheme you have posted. Click the picture and it will take you to the site.
Yea I get what you're saying, there's alot of inexperience here, a learners can get any CC, no training so I'm sure there's alot of crashes, I had to do more training for a UK learners than what the full south african test is here but since you can get any cc on a learners I haven't done the full yet.

That bike is being sold for equivalent of 4,954.98 USD, I'm guessing not worth it if it's been crashed?
brmoore is offline  
post #5 of 17 Old 05-25-2011, 8:39 AM
 
Join Date: 08-19-2008
Location: Qld, Oz
Posts: 6,493
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 166
                     
Re: This any good? (CBR900)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmoore View Post
That bike is being sold for equivalent of 4,954.98 USD, I'm guessing not worth it if it's been crashed?
Well it's hard to say without knowing the market, but it seems a lot to me. In the UK, you can get a good RRW/X for 1500 or so. In Aus, you're looking at AU$5-6000. Neither of which is any good to you in SA! Which is kind of my point - it depends what good, clean models go for in the local market to determine whether that is cheap or not.
Dangerous Des is offline  
post #6 of 17 Old 05-25-2011, 8:58 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 01-16-2011
Location: South Africa
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: This any good? (CBR900)

I reckon a good model add 500USD to the above, but I don't want a crashed bike I've also thought the tail bit has an extra color on the end on 99's so I'm thinking stay away Just sucks when you're on a budget.

Yea i miss the ease of the UK, like thing such as Ebay, just click buy and it arrives, and the wages here suck(hence the budget) might just feck off back to the UK at this rate! go live on my own, job seekers allowance is usually over twice what i get here!!
brmoore is offline  
post #7 of 17 Old 05-25-2011, 9:16 AM
 
Join Date: 08-19-2008
Location: Qld, Oz
Posts: 6,493
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 166
                     
Re: This any good? (CBR900)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmoore View Post
I reckon a good model add 500USD to the above, but I don't want a crashed bike I've also thought the tail bit has an extra color on the end on 99's so I'm thinking stay away Just sucks when you're on a budget.

Yea i miss the ease of the UK, like thing such as Ebay, just click buy and it arrives, and the wages here suck(hence the budget) might just feck off back to the UK at this rate! go live on my own, job seekers allowance is usually over twice what i get here!!
I wouldn't bother to save only $500 personally.

I am planning to leave the UK at the moment, but heading for Aus (hence my interest in the used bike market there). Can't say I care much for the UK, but it's not as bad as I thought it was a year ago I have to say.
Dangerous Des is offline  
post #8 of 17 Old 05-25-2011, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 01-16-2011
Location: South Africa
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: This any good? (CBR900)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Des View Post
I wouldn't bother to save only $500 personally.

I am planning to leave the UK at the moment, but heading for Aus (hence my interest in the used bike market there). Can't say I care much for the UK, but it's not as bad as I thought it was a year ago I have to say.
Yea i moved here with parents didn't have many options but now I'm here I wished i tried looking for options a bit more, I'm lucky to earn 1/6th of minimum wage in the UK...till I can get a driving licence, but then it only goes to 3/6th's of UK minimum wage...LOL(that's a job carrying a firearm and the potential of getting shot) I was thinking of going back into British Army...got paid right compared to here..

considering the guys response of 'don't waste my time' when i offered a part exchange i might not want this bike lol, was i supposed to mind read and know he wasnt taking part exchanges? he didnt write it on the ad! and he had the balls to tell me to read the ad properly, I did 5 times just to make sure i didnt miss it but it does NOT say no exchanges, what a ****

EDIT: Found another 1999! 400 or so USD cheaper than the one at the top of this thread, and it's got a yoshi on it only this photo though? Are those quick release fasteners on it too? looks like 1 is missing?


Last edited by brmoore; 05-25-2011 at 10:51 AM.
brmoore is offline  
post #9 of 17 Old 05-25-2011, 12:21 PM
 
Join Date: 08-19-2008
Location: Qld, Oz
Posts: 6,493
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 166
                     
Re: This any good? (CBR900)

LOL, I've got to say that the black one looks worse than the red! At least the red one was somewhere close, the black looks nothing like the OE paintscheme. The RR logos on the side are definitely not OE.

Seems odd that the tail and tank have the same changes on both bikes - maybe that's how they were in SA? I would check before assuming so though.
Dangerous Des is offline  
post #10 of 17 Old 05-25-2011, 12:30 PM
 
Join Date: 08-19-2008
Location: Qld, Oz
Posts: 6,493
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 166
                     
Re: This any good? (CBR900)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmoore View Post
Yea i moved here with parents didn't have many options but now I'm here I wished i tried looking for options a bit more, I'm lucky to earn 1/6th of minimum wage in the UK...till I can get a driving licence, but then it only goes to 3/6th's of UK minimum wage...LOL(that's a job carrying a firearm and the potential of getting shot) I was thinking of going back into British Army...got paid right compared to here..
If the Army is your thing, then I say go for it. Seems that there are opportunities to train to become skilled in something that you can do if you leave the forces too. There are far worse things one can do than a military career (not that I have ever been enrolled).
Dangerous Des is offline  
post #11 of 17 Old 05-25-2011, 1:45 PM
 
Join Date: 03-28-2011
Location: Southern Arkansas
Posts: 917
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 54
                     
Re: This any good? (CBR900)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Des View Post
If the Army is your thing, then I say go for it. Seems that there are opportunities to train to become skilled in something that you can do if you leave the forces too. There are far worse things one can do than a military career (not that I have ever been enrolled).
Over here, I spent 8 years, 29 day and roughly 4 or 5 hours in the Army... But who's counting. .. Just kidding. I did spend that time, but I miss it now that I can't have it. I made some mistakes, every soldier does, but I made some great friends (Brothers, really) along the way. I did a lot of cool thing 99% of the people in the world don't get to do. I went to foreign lands, met wonderful people and observed different cultures. It was a great time. SA is one place i never got a chance to go. I was stationed in Germany during the end of the cold war 87 -89. Awesome. I went all over Europe. Even went to East Berlin when there was one. Loved the UK. Favorite European country was Austria. I guess it was the mountains and the hot chicks. Been to the Mid east sept 90 - june of 91. That was not sight seeing tour, but it wasn't the worst thing. Egypt was kind of cool. The people there loved the US then.
Anyway, The Armed forces of any country are not for everyone, but if it is for you live it up. The risks these days are big, but the rewards are bigger. Besides there is nothing more fun that blowing Sh*T up.. That may be the redneck yankee in me.
Rendell is offline  
post #12 of 17 Old 05-25-2011, 3:54 PM
 
Join Date: 08-19-2008
Location: Qld, Oz
Posts: 6,493
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 166
                     
Re: This any good? (CBR900)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendell View Post
Over here, I spent 8 years, 29 day and roughly 4 or 5 hours in the Army... But who's counting. .. Just kidding. I did spend that time, but I miss it now that I can't have it. I made some mistakes, every soldier does, but I made some great friends (Brothers, really) along the way. I did a lot of cool thing 99% of the people in the world don't get to do. I went to foreign lands, met wonderful people and observed different cultures. It was a great time. SA is one place i never got a chance to go. I was stationed in Germany during the end of the cold war 87 -89. Awesome. I went all over Europe. Even went to East Berlin when there was one. Loved the UK. Favorite European country was Austria. I guess it was the mountains and the hot chicks. Been to the Mid east sept 90 - june of 91. That was not sight seeing tour, but it wasn't the worst thing. Egypt was kind of cool. The people there loved the US then.
Anyway, The Armed forces of any country are not for everyone, but if it is for you live it up. The risks these days are big, but the rewards are bigger. Besides there is nothing more fun that blowing Sh*T up.. That may be the redneck yankee in me.
I've never met an ex service person that doesn't have a good story to tell.
Dangerous Des is offline  
post #13 of 17 Old 05-25-2011, 4:05 PM
 
Join Date: 08-19-2008
Location: Qld, Oz
Posts: 6,493
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 166
                     
Re: This any good? (CBR900)

If this link works, it will show you the paint schemes available in the UK and other parts of the world.

CBR900RR Honda Fireblade - Versions 1998

Edit: Yep, it works. The pics are quite small, but you get the idea when you compare the pics of the bikes above to the originals.
Dangerous Des is offline  
post #14 of 17 Old 05-25-2011, 5:33 PM
 
Join Date: 03-28-2011
Location: Southern Arkansas
Posts: 917
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 54
                     
Re: This any good? (CBR900)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Des View Post
I've never met an ex service person that doesn't have a good story to tell.
Thanks.
Rendell is offline  
post #15 of 17 Old 05-26-2011, 12:32 PM
 
Join Date: 04-23-2011
Location: west mids
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 9
 
Re: This any good? (CBR900)

i doubt it helps but i just got a 99 900rrx in the uk for 1700GBP, not sure how that equates or compares, but realistically id expect to pay 2500 for similar condition here
gmouse is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
will a cbr900 1998 rear wheel fit a cbr900 1997 kevinh23 General Discussion 3 04-03-2010 7:40 PM
97-98 VFR 750 SSA on a 96 CBR900 CBRHEMI Honda FireBlade 0 03-30-2009 7:47 PM
Will 95 CBR900 wheels fit my 96 CBR900? fastkatanaboy Honda FireBlade 1 10-31-2007 6:08 AM
Good weather, good fishing and exhilirating ride all in one day. Mavic Off-Topic 8 11-30-2003 11:16 PM
One good thing choppers are good for... alexandra Off-Topic 8 08-12-2003 7:30 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome