929 headlight wiring, random ranting, and hi from a new member - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-27-2011, 2:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

929 headlight wiring, random ranting, and hi from a new member

First I would like to say Hi to all, i have often checked out this forum for info but never a member. Next i would like to rant about the dam security question that states you must enter the words in the quotes, because when you click on it, its an advertisement and if you click again, it sends you to the dish site. As far as the words in quotes, there are several but you have to enter the last ones after the advertisement. Very very frustrating having to wait for an advertisement when your already irritated at a bike. So now onto the question:
2000 929, i know i could look up diagrams, but i'm being lazy and im going to go eat then come back to this. I need to know where the power for the low beam head light comes from. Everything else works, high beam, turn signals, horn, ect...just no power to the low beam. Ground is ok, the starter switch is ok (already soldered it). Just one night my low beam started flickering going over bumps, then now that i've taken it apart, it wont work at all. So simple question: Where does the power come from for the low beam headlight. Thanks Guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-27-2011, 2:08 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Re: 929 headlight wiring, random ranting, and hi from a new member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
First I would like to say Hi to all, i have often checked out this forum for info but never a member. Next i would like to rant about the dam security question that states you must enter the words in the quotes, because when you click on it, its an advertisement and if you click again, it sends you to the dish site. As far as the words in quotes, there are several but you have to enter the last ones after the advertisement. Very very frustrating having to wait for an advertisement when your already irritated at a bike. So now onto the question:
2000 929, i know i could look up diagrams, but i'm being lazy and im going to go eat then come back to this. I need to know where the power for the low beam head light comes from. Everything else works, high beam, turn signals, horn, ect...just no power to the low beam. Ground is ok, the starter switch is ok (already soldered it). Just one night my low beam started flickering going over bumps, then now that i've taken it apart, it wont work at all. So simple question: Where does the power come from for the low beam headlight. Thanks Guys

I've never heard of this advertising link thing.
Can't really help with electrical but I did post the Haynes diagrams a while back.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 4 Old 05-27-2011, 3:18 AM Thread Starter

Alright, much better now that i got some food in me. The advertisement thing has to do with the verification thing, I'm not sure what its called, but you have to type in the words that are in the box and they are usually slanted or something, basically making sure your not a spam bot. Its just in that box there is an advertisement, and its annoying. Ok rant over
I guess I'l check out the diagrams now that im not feeling so lazy. Also just a little more info, I've checked out the wire from the low beam plug past the gray main harness connector, no issues there. From what I've gathered that's a common failure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-27-2011, 4:20 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the wiring diagrams. I might have figured it out thanks to the help. From what I've gathered from the diagrams, The low beam power comes from the starter switch(tested and has power), and the dimmer switch(tested and has power). After some unwrapping and more unwrapping, i found where the dimmer and starter switch wires connect to the wire going to the low beam headlight. Under the seat?!?? ...wrapped in blue tape...So i have an open in the wire between the "blue tape" splice and the main harness connector. Since the dimmer switch, starter switch, and headlight are all in the front, i see no reason to run them all under the seat to splice them together. I plan to splice them all together in the front tomorrow, unless someone gives me a reason not to...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page