WEIRD INCIDENT! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 06-01-2011, 1:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

WEIRD INCIDENT!

So i was riding around last night in the city. I left my house and hopped on the highway for 24 miles. Everything seemed fine. As soon as i got into the city and hit a few traffic lights this is where it got weird. Now i dont know if the heat of the bike had anything to do with it but i just noticed it was running at 220 degrees with the fan on when it happened. So i look down and notice my rpm needle starting to jump around at the 1k mark. And then she died.

Now this especially sucked because my battery was completely dead when i left my house. I had to jump the bike to get going. So of course theres no juice to turn her over. It takes me a few tries but i then get her started from a roll down the hill. Then boom, i left off the throttle for a second and she died again. So i roll start her once more and get her going, leave off the throttle and she died again! At this point i was pissed, got her started one more time, but this time continuously rolled on the throttle all the way to a parking lot.

I ended up getting her towed back home the next morning, where i charged the battery up, and she started up and idled/rode for 20 minutes just fine. Im still wondering what the whole lack of idling rpms was and her giving out on me. I just dont want it to happen again, any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-01-2011, 2:17 AM

Reputation Power: 9

Re: WEIRD INCIDENT!

Get a new battery.
post #3 of 9 Old 06-01-2011, 2:44 AM

Reputation Power: 59

... After 24 miles your battery should have charged itself if it was still good.

James Taylor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 06-01-2011, 8:13 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazed View Post
... After 24 miles your battery should have charged itself if it was still good.
So the question is, battery or alternator?
post #5 of 9 Old 06-01-2011, 9:41 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerica243 View Post
So i was riding around last night in the city. I left my house and hopped on the highway for 24 miles. Everything seemed fine. As soon as i got into the city and hit a few traffic lights this is where it got weird. Now i dont know if the heat of the bike had anything to do with it but i just noticed it was running at 220 degrees with the fan on when it happened. So i look down and notice my rpm needle starting to jump around at the 1k mark. And then she died.

Now this especially sucked because my battery was completely dead when i left my house. I had to jump the bike to get going. So of course theres no juice to turn her over. It takes me a few tries but i then get her started from a roll down the hill. Then boom, i left off the throttle for a second and she died again. So i roll start her once more and get her going, leave off the throttle and she died again! At this point i was pissed, got her started one more time, but this time continuously rolled on the throttle all the way to a parking lot.

I ended up getting her towed back home the next morning, where i charged the battery up, and she started up and idled/rode for 20 minutes just fine. Im still wondering what the whole lack of idling rpms was and her giving out on me. I just dont want it to happen again, any ideas?

I wouldn't call that weird at all for a Honda.
Sounds like your charging system is failing.
Do the tests in the manual to determine if the problem is the stator, regulator or battery, or just a broken connection.
Going for a ride when you already know the battery is dead is just asking for trouble.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #6 of 9 Old 06-01-2011, 9:42 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by txrider View Post
Get a new battery.

Do not get a new battery!
Do the tests first to determine what has failed.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #7 of 9 Old 06-02-2011, 3:03 AM

Reputation Power: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
Do not get a new battery!
Do the tests first to determine what has failed.
post #8 of 9 Old 06-02-2011, 3:04 AM

Reputation Power: 14

and dont jump with thecar on if you didnt know...
post #9 of 9 Old 06-03-2011, 10:29 PM

Reputation Power: 12

i would get a new bike ! i have a 07 gixxer 7 fiddy for sale . or do the checks from the manual .

zero gravity windscreen. reverse / gp shift/ -1 down front sprocket/ speedo drd corrector. bazzaz z-bomb yosh case/stem nut/ oil fill/hotbodies under tail, rideit blk. long levers , sato street hooks, intergrated smoke tail lite lens, HRC solo cowl,yosh carbon/carbon R-77 pipe.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page