98 900rr mods? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-01-2011, 9:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 9

98 900rr mods?

So the forecast for the next week is RAIN, I just got my 900rr and don't know much about these bikes yet, it has a hindle pipe and a k&n filter, I was wondering if there are any "free" mods I can do while the weather is crappy to improve the bikes performance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-02-2011, 3:27 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: 98 900rr mods?

well, since you just bought it, go through everything and make sure bolts are tightened and torqued properly
check the chain tension, tire pressure, fluid levels, general wears items, fork seals, electrical connections, maybe even take the plastics off and clean everything.

a clean and properly maintained bike will last you much much longer than a improperly maintained one.

ive had a few bikes now that ive bought with loose bolts, so its a very good idea to check EVERYTHING

Have fun!
post #3 of 5 Old 06-02-2011, 4:03 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 9

I put a new back tire on the day I got it and checked over the back of the bike, I checked the suspension front and rear, i'll be doing a oil change this weekend and checking over the rest of the bike, I was wondering if there were any mods/adjustments to boost the performance that were specific to this bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-02-2011, 4:15 PM

Theres really nothing free you can do.. If you have the stuff to do it, make sure the carbs are in synch, but that wont improve performance. Other than that, there isn't much.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-05-2011, 8:37 AM

Another good idea that will improve performance on the stopping side, is bleeding your brakes. I did mine after a couple of weeks driving, and had a huge improvement in braking power and feel. Get that brown stuff out and in with some clean air-free fluid.
You can make tools for this yourself using an empty bottle or canister of any kind, and a rubber hose. Or you can buy a bleeder kit and make it really easy. I find the good ol manual way works fine for me. You'll find lots of good videos on YouTube for getting the job done.

Congrats with the new blade!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page