C-ABS - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-02-2011, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

C-ABS

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can add the C-ABS on to a non C-ABS 08 fireblade? same bike just dont have the C-ABS and would like to put it on.
thnx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-02-2011, 4:53 PM

Reputation Power: 14

Re: C-ABS

I would guess, due to the amount of difference between the two, you have no chance. I would have thought you would have to change the ECU, wiring loom and much more. I would have thought it will be cheaper to trade your non ABS model in for the ABS model.

On a side note, I would not want a heavier bike that impeded upon my riding? Having ridden a CBR600RR ABS in the rain around Silverstone, and using the brakes as much as I needed too, I did not use the ABS. Even when I tried to activate it, just to see what it is like. I cannot see the need, personally. The best thing to do if the highway is wet, is slow down, because no ABS will save you on diesel

............... Hoody
post #3 of 3 Old 06-02-2011, 11:03 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: C-ABS

Having riden both non-ABS and C-ABS bikes I can say I will never buy a new bike that does not have ABS. I have felt the ABS kick in several times, especially at those oily intersections when the light changes and you have to make a brisk stop...my previous bikes would lock up, but with the ABS you just stop. To each their own but for me ABS is the way to go.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page