cbr900rr misfire under load - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 06-08-2011, 4:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

cbr900rr misfire under load

Hi guys, im new to this site, im having a bit of trouble with my blade, 93 cbr900rr.
Ive spent alot of time searching existing threads and have sorted some issues out but still have a few questions you might be able to help with.

Bike was running mint untill i reved engine to around 7grand, then it started missing and backfiring,so i limped home sounding like a rotary

This is what i know so far
Bike runs fine when engine is cold, after 5mins of riding it starts missing again
Im in the process of changing plugs, so far plugs 2, 3, 4 are covered in fuel, plug 1 covered in oil, will get new plugs tomorrow
Air filter is clean
I noticed that the coils have been purchased from a wrecker and they say in white marker cbr250, would this cause the bike to not cope at high revs and foul the plugs??
Also the rubber rings that go around top of carbs and bottom of airbox, there is a gap around one of them, would this be causing a vacum effect?
Cheers again for your help

Last edited by rxweaponz; 06-08-2011 at 5:03 AM. Reason: update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-08-2011, 2:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 54

Re: cbr900rr misfire under load

I'm not sure about the coils But I would guess that CBR250 coils wouldn't be right. The collars being loose or off would cause some issues. I would recommend fixing these two issues before you check any other, besides the plugs. So, go ahead get the plugs, and coils. Then tear into it. Replace the plugs and coils, then make sure your airbox is seated correctly. Lastly put it all back together and go for a ride. See how it's running, and make sure to check the plugs when you get back. This will let you know exactly what the remaining issues are.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page