steering damper n bracket mounting for 954; 954 speed - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-09-2011, 9:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

steering damper n bracket mounting for 954; 954 speed

Does anyone has second hand steering damper and mounting bracket for 954 for sake. Can reach me at [email protected]. note i from singapore. Would appreciate if anyone can response.
Second i need advice. Just took hkod of 954 recently and when i reached 180 kph my bike seems to pogo. Does it mean i need to replaced fork and rear suspension spring? can also tell me as i heard from mech that the 954 is light at rear and hv to control speed with out sudden push on throttle or the rear will swing upfront . Is this true as if i ride on long ride most of my friwnds are on zzr and haya and they ride average 220 kph but at times they add numbers to the speed

This ride is on long highway in malaysia where our speed speed genreally hit 250 kph abv where possible.

How or what is max speed of 954 can do... any info?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-13-2011, 5:26 AM

Reputation Power: 9

Re: steering damper n bracket mounting for 954; 954 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by davide55 View Post
Does anyone has second hand steering damper and mounting bracket for 954 for sake. Can reach me at [email protected]. note i from singapore. Would appreciate if anyone can response.
Second i need advice. Just took hkod of 954 recently and when i reached 180 kph my bike seems to pogo. Does it mean i need to replaced fork and rear suspension spring? can also tell me as i heard from mech that the 954 is light at rear and hv to control speed with out sudden push on throttle or the rear will swing upfront . Is this true as if i ride on long ride most of my friwnds are on zzr and haya and they ride average 220 kph but at times they add numbers to the speed

This ride is on long highway in malaysia where our speed speed genreally hit 250 kph abv where possible.

How or what is max speed of 954 can do... any info?
what you describe is a known problem of the 954.
I donīt have a stearing damper, only a answer of your "POGO"

Honda changed after the knowing problem the steering head bearings, but the problem was still there, coz the adjustment of the new bearings is a very difficult job. And the advice was to use a steering damper.

I know the highway, coz 4 years KL, and I remember some good fights on the old Shah Alam race track with the malaysian guys.

Setup:
(Drivers weight 70-85Kg)

(U = turns, see your Manual)

TRACK
FRONT

Preload 1 U
Reload 0,25 U
Compession 7 U
Niveau : standart
Tyre Pressure 32 psi

REAR
Preload 1 U
Reload 0,25 U
Compession Step 6
Niveau: deepest
Tire pressure 36 psi
post #3 of 6 Old 06-13-2011, 5:49 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for advice... i guess you rode the 954....Hi Omega.. i heard about pogoing. Not many mechs in spore familiar with the 954. I wonder if i made a big mistake to buy this blade....
The shop that sold me this bike ... i kind piss off... ok its 9 year old bike... one bike key only n no mAnualso thanks at least i hv your input on the fork and rear suspension. Thats about my weight. i.e.70 kilo. You mentioned head bearings.. here i am ignorant ... wh part is it? Wheel bearings or steering .cone bearings. Will a damper solve.this and prevent a nasty accident. Someone told me to put ohkins springs in front and rear suspension.....get it tune n set... is this bike too light on the rear that it might swing up in sudden trottle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-13-2011, 5:54 AM Thread Starter

. Oi was told its a good bike... but los of buts...Thanks for advice... i guess you rode the 954....Hi Omega.. i heard about pogoing. Not many mechs in spore familiar with the 954. I wonder if i made a big mistake to buy this blade....
The shop that sold me this bike ... i kind piss off... ok its 9 year old bike... one bike key only n no mAnualso thanks at least i hv your input on the fork and rear suspension. Thats about my weight. i.e.70 kilo. You mentioned head bearings.. here i am ignorant ... wh part is it? Wheel bearings or steering .cone bearings. Will a damper solve.this and prevent a nasty accident. Someone told me to put ohLins springs in front and rear suspension.....get it tune n set... is this bike too light on the reAr that it might swing up in sudden throttle
post #5 of 6 Old 06-13-2011, 6:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davide55 View Post
Thanks for advice... i guess you rode the 954....Hi Omega.. i heard about pogoing. Not many mechs in spore familiar with the 954. I wonder if i made a big mistake to buy this blade....
The shop that sold me this bike ... i kind piss off... ok its 9 year old bike... one bike key only n no mAnualso thanks at least i hv your input on the fork and rear suspension. Thats about my weight. i.e.70 kilo. You mentioned head bearings.. here i am ignorant ... wh part is it? Wheel bearings or steering .cone bearings. Will a damper solve.this and prevent a nasty accident. Someone told me to put ohkins springs in front and rear suspension.....get it tune n set... is this bike too light on the rear that it might swing up in sudden trottle
1. if your 954 is in good condition, you haven`t made a mistake to buy, so be happy
2. there was a free Honda recall to change the bearings, if you donīt know if its done, call Honda, give them the frame number.
3. fit a stearing damber, oehlins or other known brand (LSL, HyperPro) will be ok
4. if you want to drive the 954 for long years, you can think about, to buy "second hand" oehlins suspensions, otherwise keep your money
5. the track setup will be ok for your weight

bearings, how to change (in german, but with pics)
Lenkkopflager wechseln - Lexikon - MOTORRAD online

In Germany, after Honda changed the bearings and the test driver fit an damper, the 954 was on the second place in the magazines.

some advices (german) use "google translater"
http://www.motorradonline.de/de/news...-magazin/96856
post #6 of 6 Old 06-13-2011, 6:39 AM

if the rear swing, the setup is to soft

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page