Thanks for advice... i guess you rode the 954....Hi Omega.. i heard about pogoing. Not many mechs in spore familiar with the 954. I wonder if i made a big mistake to buy this blade....
The shop that sold me this bike ... i kind piss off... ok its 9 year old bike... one bike key only n no mAnualso thanks at least i hv your input on the fork and rear suspension. Thats about my weight. i.e.70 kilo. You mentioned head bearings.. here i am ignorant ... wh part is it? Wheel bearings or steering .cone bearings. Will a damper solve.this and prevent a nasty accident. Someone told me to put ohkins springs in front and rear suspension.....get it tune n set... is this bike too light on the rear that it might swing up in sudden trottle
1. if your 954 is in good condition, you haven`t made a mistake to buy, so be happy
2. there was a free Honda recall to change the bearings, if you donīt know if its done, call Honda, give them the frame number.
3. fit a stearing damber, oehlins or other known brand (LSL, HyperPro) will be ok
4. if you want to drive the 954 for long years, you can think about, to buy "second hand" oehlins suspensions, otherwise keep your money
5. the track setup will be ok for your weight
bearings, how to change (in german, but with pics)
Lenkkopflager wechseln - Lexikon - MOTORRAD online
In Germany, after Honda changed the bearings and the test driver fit an damper, the 954 was on the second place in the magazines.
some advices (german) use "google translater"