Okay so I bought a 93 900rr with the 893cc motor like 5 months ago. Loved riding the motorcycle with stock fairing and all that stuff. Recently the motor broke the connecting rod in #3 and completely shreaded the block up.
While removing the motor I dropped the bike destroying the front plastics, windscreen, mirror/windscreen bracket, headlight bracket.
So to the point. I now want to turn the beast into a "streetfighter" with limited funds. I have a buddy that runs a paint shop but need fit-up advice, opinions, specs, and such. So far I know i want to put a 919 back into it.
1. How do I work around the speedo cable issue?
2. would I need a new guage cluster?
3. Would a 96-99 guage cluster work on my existing wiring harness?
NOw to the Tail:
I want to upgrade to a sleek undertail style light system. I really like the 929 tail fairings.
1. Would the 929 tail section fit on my current tail bracket?
2. Could I use the same rear seat/trunk lid?
This is all I got for now and opinions are definately welcome. Thanks.