Honda 954rr wont start when it heats up!! help please - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-08-2011, 9:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Honda 954rr wont start when it heats up!! help please

Hi all,

Would love your help and advice please! My Honda 954 2003 is in overall excellent condition. I also just had a brand new Battery installed. However, if I decide to switch it off for a moment after sitting in traffic and heating to 105-106c, the bike wont start at all.. It's exactly as if the Battery is drained and doesn't have enough charge...if i try to jump start it, it still wont work. If i let it sit and cool down for 20-30 mins, the bike will ONLY turn on if i jump start it. Once its running for a few mins, I can switch it off and back on with the regular ignition switch. It feels like the heat is somehow effecting the battery??? But again, the battery is new and the bike goes back to normal if i don't let it heat up. This is the second time this happens to me during the day...I'm quite sure its not the battery cuz #1 its brand new, #2, the bike would sit in my garage for 3 or 4 days without using it and it would turn on perfectly with no hesitation...this only happens when it heats up!! Any Ideas or leads to what the problem could be??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Re: Honda 954rr wont start when it heats up!! help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayousri View Post
Hi all,

Would love your help and advice please! My Honda 954 2003 is in overall excellent condition. I also just had a brand new Battery installed. However, if I decide to switch it off for a moment after sitting in traffic and heating to 105-106c, the bike wont start at all.. It's exactly as if the Battery is drained and doesn't have enough charge...if i try to jump start it, it still wont work. If i let it sit and cool down for 20-30 mins, the bike will ONLY turn on if i jump start it. Once its running for a few mins, I can switch it off and back on with the regular ignition switch. It feels like the heat is somehow effecting the battery??? But again, the battery is new and the bike goes back to normal if i don't let it heat up. This is the second time this happens to me during the day...I'm quite sure its not the battery cuz #1 its brand new, #2, the bike would sit in my garage for 3 or 4 days without using it and it would turn on perfectly with no hesitation...this only happens when it heats up!! Any Ideas or leads to what the problem could be??

Have you actually checked that the charging system is working?
If it's not working it doesn't matter how new the battery is as it will go flat within an hour or two.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 4 Old 07-08-2011, 3:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Hey thanks for the reply. If the charging system isnt working, wouldnt that cause the bike to have regular ignition problems? I mean sometimes I don't drive it for days when im traveling and it would start up with no problems whatsoever...im only seeing this problem on hot days apparently..its really quite frustrating..I'll check it anyways! Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-09-2011, 1:03 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayousri View Post
Hey thanks for the reply. If the charging system isnt working, wouldnt that cause the bike to have regular ignition problems? I mean sometimes I don't drive it for days when im traveling and it would start up with no problems whatsoever...im only seeing this problem on hot days apparently..its really quite frustrating..I'll check it anyways! Thank you.

It depends on how bad the system is. It may have only dropped one winding.
Do the tests.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page