CBR 954 HANNSPREE AND REDBULL (Fairing and GP Pipe writeup inclusive) - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 07-14-2011, 1:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

CBR 954 HANNSPREE AND REDBULL (Fairing and GP Pipe writeup inclusive)

G’day guy’s,
Thought I’d do a comprehensive(ish) write up on my Chinese/Hong Kong/Ebay fairings for the 954 and a writeup of the HANNSPREE bike. Hopefully it helps someone out…….(I can answer any questions about the RedBull one as well if need be)
Firstly the fairings weren’t off ebay, they came off the Alibaba website and specifically Fribest industries, and they have fairings to suit most bikes…..
http://www.chinamotorcyclepart.com/enprosoall.asp?fl=CBR900RR-954-02-03&sele=100&text=233
I should point out these are the second set of fairings I have bought through Fribest and I dealt with a bloke called Kelvin Chen, who is always on the msn messenger live chat line they have operating.
My first set were my Red Bull fairings which were fitted to my previous blade and had a near OEM fit with the only exception being around the headlight on one side where it stuck out a little. (As you can see in the pics).

I had no melting/warping issues, as they came with heat protection, and the only breakage came from a headlight mounting tab that was my fault as I placed too much stress on it when the other screw fell out. However the fairings (my 2nd set) are now injection moulded (including the tabs) so this shouldn’t pose another problem.
Paint and sticker quality on the first set was very good and I had to look quite close to find remnants of orange peel and a bug in the paint and they were constructed in Black ABS with all mounting holes pre drilled, and these didn’t require any sort of modification to fit.
They also came with the ram air covers and “inner fairings” although the quality of these were not the best and I retained the OEM ones, although if you were planning on carbon wrapping or painting them they would be fine.
Price is better than the (reputable) ebay equivalents although the shipping is the usual high price for such a large box.
Service is A1 and they provided me with pics of the fairings just prior to shipping, and they accommodated my custom order of changing my number to replicate Andrew Pitt (Gotta keep it Aussie !!!) as well as the previously mentioned online service.
2ND SET HANNSPREE
I also got a screen and seat cowl this time around that were included for a minimal addition to the cost, the screen that is, cowl was inclusive.(Along with extra stickers for the tank etc.) The Ram Air covers and fairing“inners” were spot on this time as well. Paint was once again to a very high standard and no complaints.
Fitting of this second injection moulded set totally blew me away as it is better than my OEM fairings were, everything lined up, fits snugly, good paint, no broken tabs, heat shielding etc etc. The only issue was the seat cowl that was from a different supplier but even the OEM rear seat rarely lines up properly.
Tank was colour matched and painted by Nigel Morrell at http://www.nigelmorrellsmotorcycles.com.au/index.html and came back to me looking very good and identical to the black to green parts of the fairings. The undertail I painted myself as it was an initial oversight that I wasn’t going to wait for it to be professionally painted and it does the job.

I will update this down the track if I encounter any warping/melting etc issues.
All in all, I’m very pleased with the outcomes thus far and would highly recommend this company to others !!!!!!
The rest of the bike consisits of a myriad of bolt on bits, nothing internal has been done to the engine.
FRONT TO BACK (Hopefully I don’t forget anything…)
Arashi wave rotors front and rear
Vestrah VJ Sintered pads front and rear
HEL Braided lines Front and rear
Integrated turn signal aftermarket mirrors
Aftermarket bullet indicators
I-Shift Shift Light
Custom white guage facethat glows Blue at night (Name of it escapes me)
SpeedoHealer w top speed recall
Flapper Mod w K& N Filter
Shorty Pazzo’s
GPR Steering Damper
Extended frame sliders
Carbon Fibre Heel plates
520 conversion w 16/48 sprockets
Custom “rearset risers” (These simply raise the stock rearsets up and back to give more clearance. Have pics and can supply measurements if required, they're not fitted in the pics)
Custom exhaust(Standard headers into a custom 4 into 1 collector into an 8 inch/210 mm [cut down] can that exits in the rear most gap of the fairing belly pan. This has resulted in a bit of responsivness loss below 3k but it is also yet to be tuned to the PC3 and is not that much louder…..
Electronic trunk release(Google 929 trunk release on fireblades.org)
Mini rear turm signals(Integrated tail light on order)
ZX6 Rear Fender (cut down & Keeps the POLICE happy)
90 degree valve stems
Conti Sport attack/Road attack2 tyres
Rim stripes
Just need to install my +4 ignition advancer then sort the suspension and that will do for a while, time to ride and enjoy it for Summer………
I’m happy with it…….. i'll put up decent pics of the white one asap......

http://youtu.be/F6YUe-Ycm7A

http://youtu.be/js1Wi-wXa5k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 07-14-2011, 3:52 AM

Reputation Power: 15

Re: CBR 954 HANNSPREE AND REDBULL (Fairing and GP Pipe writeup inclusive)

dude ur bike is uber sick
post #3 of 19 Old 10-03-2011, 1:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

lovely no doubt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 10-03-2011, 3:11 PM

Lovely looking bike - always wished I'd got a 954 to replace my 929 and run it as a 'tourer' with a CBR6rr as a 'scratcher' so to speak

Sounds like you had fewer problems than I did with my 08+ fairing kit
post #5 of 19 Old 04-10-2012, 7:58 PM Thread Starter

OK as promised an update on the bike....

After a solid few months of Summer riding i still have no melting/warping issues and only two cracked tabs from my monkey fists on the lower belly pan, The exhaust is still as strong as ever and the suspension has been setup by BSB rider Dave Johnston so it rides like a new bike now. I've since swapped out the piston damper for a GPR rotary style and it looks so much cleaner.......

I'm planning on doing a how to with pics and measurements for the exhaust asap....
post #6 of 19 Old 04-10-2012, 11:15 PM

Reputation Power: 14

do you have any pics of the 4-1 collector? I'm looking to build a custom exhaust as well, just looking for ideas.
post #7 of 19 Old 04-11-2012, 7:47 PM Thread Starter

Like this.....

post #8 of 19 Old 04-12-2012, 2:45 AM

Reputation Power: 23

How'd you build that reducer? What type of materials did you use?

Fitting it to a cut-down can looks pretty simple!

Great job though!

2000 CBR929RR 03' 954 Engine, sold.....
2007 Yamaha R1- Project Rebuild
post #9 of 19 Old 07-31-2012, 6:51 AM Thread Starter

Just noticed this sorry mate, i actually got it made up by the local exhaust place by taking the pipe and headers in to match the respective flanges and they came back with that. Works a treat though and i have a DIY on the exhaust now under the How-To section.
post #10 of 19 Old 07-31-2012, 6:55 AM Thread Starter

I've also edited the OP to reflect my personal opinions on each mod i've done, hopefully this will help those considering any of them.....
post #11 of 19 Old 07-31-2012, 7:34 AM Thread Starter

Arashi wave rotors front and rear ( Improved braking performance when coupled with Vesrah pads enabling one finger braking in areas that would have required minimum two with OEM gear}
Vestrah VJ Sintered pads front and rear {As above}
HEL Braided lines Front and rear (As above, these mods were all done as once so can't comment on each's individual improvement}
Integrated turn signal aftermarket mirrors {Obvious improvement in turn intention to other road users, not a lot of difference to rear view but slightly less adjustability}
Aftermarket bullet indicators
I-Shift Shift Light (Wank factor....i'll admit it ....... this is pre programmed though and adjustable to flash at whichever RPM you want which is useful when your giving it a handfull)
Custom white guage face (MUCH better visually and the fact it glows at night improves functionality drastically, well worth the minor head fark to get it setup}
SpeedoHealer w top speed recall (DEFINATLEY worthwhile the moment you change your gearing as it fixes speedo inaccuracies as giving a true indication of overall km's, the top speed recall.......wank factor again.....)
Flapper Mod w K& N Filter (Improves air flow due to getting rid of the junk in the airbox, not a huge amount of bum on seat difference noticed, the K&N was there when i bought it)
Shorty Pazzo’s
GPR Steering Damper (Saved my bacon a few times as these bikes do tend to shake a bit when pushed, the rotary style is so much cleaner and the GPR works as well as my old Scotts one did on a previous 954)
Extended frame sliders (These do assist in keeping more of the fairing off the road in an off provided the bike only lowslides, i've never had one dig in and flip the bike etc or have the mounting bolts (stainless) crack the frame etc)
Carbon Fibre Heel plates (These have a slightly different feel to the OEM ones in that they are "closer" to the block but cosmetically they are the bomb)
520 conversion w 16/48 sprockets (The single biggest difference in performance, the difference is immediate and oh so noticeable, mono central!!! MUCH quicker to lift the front)
Custom “rearset risers” (These simply raise the stock rearsets up and back to give more clearance. Have pics and can supply measurements if required, they're not fitted in the pics)
Custom exhaust(Standard headers into a custom 4 into 1 collector into an 8 inch/210 mm [cut down] can that exits in the rear most gap of the fairing belly pan. This has resulted in a bit of responsivness loss below 3k but it is also yet to be tuned to the PC3 and is not that much louder….. Improved cosmetics and with a tune no performance loss
Electronic trunk release(Google 929 trunk release on fireblades.org)
Mini rear turm signals(Integrated tail light on order)
ZX6 Rear Fender (cut down & Keeps the POLICE happy)
90 degree valve stems (Simple but very useful, will do it on all my bikes now)
Conti Sport attack/Road attack2 tyres (Can't fault them, yet to slip and ridden in the wet and dry)
Rim stripes
+4 Ignition Advancer Even with a PC3 i noticed a lot more punch (approx 10%) out of corners and easy as to install
HRC 1/6th Throttle Second most noticeable mod, once again drastically increases acceleration feel and even quicker raising of the front wheel but it also allows closed to WOT without moving the hand from the grip, when coupled with the +4IA it seemed like a whole new bike in my usual twisties, less work for the same results, BUT TAKE IT EASY TILL YOU GET USED TO IT !!!!
Suspension Standard suspension set to my weight and after getting used to it the bike is so much more responsive and manageable in that it sets itself in the corners beautifully and isn't just flying up onto the back wheel, i actually have to consciously get it up to where i want it, but this is done VERY easily with the mods...lol

I'll update this when i fit the factory pro "pro" kit (the one without the star) as it hadn't turned up when i bolted the bike together most recently........

Any questions, shoot me a PM and i'll do my best.......

Hope this helps......
post #12 of 19 Old 07-31-2012, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

I really like what you did with your exhaust.
Couple questions: do you have any heat issues, such as melting the fairings, or any other heat problems. You said this,
Quote:
Improved cosmetics and with a tune no performance loss
Did you get a dyno tune? Before or after the Ign. Adv.? Any dyno numbers?
And lastly, how do you like the sound?

That was pretty creative with your exhaust, not to mention the rest of the work you've done. Salute!
rep given
post #13 of 19 Old 07-31-2012, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

One last question: You have the cannister marked as 810mm.
That would be approx 2-1/2 feet long, with the collector pipe being close to the same length. Is that correct? I didn't think you would have that much room, considering it appears to dump out in front of the rear tire.
post #14 of 19 Old 07-31-2012, 5:20 PM Thread Starter

I'm not sure how pissed i was when i typed that measurement but rest assured it's not 810mm...... the correct measurements are in the how to here.....

https://www.fireblades.org/forums/too...p-exhaust.html

Dyno was after the ignition advancer but no figures as a mate rushed it in between jobs on his dyno while i wasn't there, but it's going back after it's 50k service/shift kit and i'll get figures then......

Also vid of throttle being cracked open is on it's way....
post #15 of 19 Old 07-31-2012, 5:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 77

bike looks great have to agree well done!

Bike build Vblog latest Update
http://youtu.be/2ISgxtQXs9o

My 900RR Winter Project
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...er-revamp.html

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page