Lowering Footpegs on My '03 954 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-23-2011, 7:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Lowering Footpegs on My '03 954

I'm 6 feet, 2 inches tall with a 34 inch inseam.

I'd like to lower the footpegs on my 954. I bought a 30 mm lowering kit from Wild Hair Associates. It's beautifully made and adjustable 6 ways to Sunday.

The problem is that the brake actuation rod doesn't have enough adjustment to be able to lower the brake pedal to be used with the new peg lowering kit - the rod is too short. And a longer rod would place the foot pedal way too high.

I understand that the pegs were raised on the '02 954 compared to the '01 929. The 929 pegs were lower.

Can the 929 peg hanger brackets be used on the 954?ll If so, how much lower are they?

Have you developed another way to lower the foot pegs on a 954?

Thanks for any thoughts or experience you my have.

Sandy
Attached Thumbnails
PegTest(Brake)small.jpg‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-10-2011, 12:33 AM

Re: Lowering Footpegs on My '03 954

I think I see what you mean. Just a few ideas:

1) Maybe use 2 small brackets to move the master cylinder higher thus lowering the lever?

2) Have the lever professionally cut & welded lower near the pivot

3) Find a lever / master cylinder from another bike that works better

FYI - the footpeg brackets have different part #'s for the 929 & 954.

Keep us up to date; I was just considering lower pegs since my left hip has been sore when lifted midway like when on the bike.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-11-2011, 6:20 PM Thread Starter

Bob H,

Thanks for your suggestions. I am measuring the dimensions for a possible new mounting bracket for the rear brake master cylinder. Moving that up would facilitate a longer adjustment rod so the rear brake pedal could be adjusted for a proper fit.

I think that the ideal solution would be to have custom mounting plates made for the foot control brackets. These would have many mounting points for the foot control brackets. This would maintain all OEM peg/pedal/lever/brake light switch relationships and would allow multiple locations for the foot peg/rider interface. In addition, it would move the assembly slightly outboard giving more clearance between the assembly and the exhaust mid pipe.

As an option, I've discovered foot peg lowering blocks (on VFR Discussion.com) that use the OEM foot pegs with the rubber inserts. They do not move the rider's feet outboard as do the Wild Hair pieces I mentioned in my previous e-mail. The Wild Hair units require the rider to turn his/foot inward to activate the brake. I understand that the VFRD pieces will fit all Honda sport bikes with the exception of some early VFR 750s. I'll tell you more about them as I do more research.

Sandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-21-2012, 3:25 PM

Any word on this? I just took my new to me 900rr and my legs are a bit cramped.. not sure why I don't quite "fit" this bike.. my F4i was perfect sizing.. as with my FZ6 and R6. I just felt like my foot was just a shade too high.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page