Front Brakes start dragging - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 07-24-2011, 4:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Front Brakes start dragging

OK here is my problem. I adjusted the front brake lever (to soft) on my 96 cbr 900rr and it felt fine. I got about 5 miles down the road and there was no play in it. Before I could find a place to pull over the front brakes got so hot they were smoking! I got the lever backed off and all seamed OK,but it is not.

Now I can start out with the lever just about to touch the grip and after a couple miles it looses it's free play and the brakes start to drag bad. Before I made the first adjustment they were working fine,just to much free play,should have left them alone! Any Ideas?

Thanks, Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-24-2011, 8:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Re: Front Brakes start dragging

You must make shure the pistons in the brake calipers are able to move freely.
How to do this is described in details in this Do It Yourself article which is for Honda CBF1000A 2007, but the same principles apply for Fireblades:
Brake Pads - Front, Replacement - CBF1000A DIY

:-) ... Fred

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page