ecu numbers - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 02-17-2012, 5:35 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-16-2011
Location: n/ireland
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
ecu numbers

hi i just bought a ecu of e.bay part numbers are
38770-mcj-671
9630-101382
keihin
can anyone tell me what this is if its a us ecu or uk thanks jonny
joni1600 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 02-17-2012, 11:29 PM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: ecu numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by joni1600 View Post
hi i just bought a ecu of e.bay part numbers are
38770-mcj-671
9630-101382
keihin
can anyone tell me what this is if its a us ecu or uk thanks jonny
US model.
2001 Honda CBR929RR OEM Pgm_fi Unit | MotoSport

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 02-18-2012, 4:57 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-16-2011
Location: n/ireland
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: ecu numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
hi bladeracer thanks again
what doz the motorsport mean is it different to a standard unit and do i need a us wiring harness
Itryed it in the car and it wont start i dont think it even primed the fuel pump .Do you no away round the ????
much thanks jonny
joni1600 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 Old 02-18-2012, 5:01 AM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: ecu numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by joni1600 View Post
hi bladeracer thanks again
what doz the motorsport mean is it different to a standard unit and do i need a us wiring harness
Itryed it in the car and it wont start i dont think it even primed the fuel pump .Do you no away round the ????
much thanks jonny


I believe there is a way to modify the non-US harness by rewiring something at the ECU. I don't know what though.
You have the bank angle sensor and safety switches properly set up?
You have the original ignition with the diode in it?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 02-18-2012, 5:07 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-16-2011
Location: n/ireland
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: ecu numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
I believe there is a way to modify the non-US harness by rewiring something at the ECU. I don't know what though.
You have the bank angle sensor and safety switches properly set up?
You have the original ignition with the diode in it?
i have no key just a push button start because it is in a race car the tilt sensor is not there i have a ecu from track electronics and it starts the car but when i plug in this new ecu it wont start
joni1600 is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 02-18-2012, 5:15 AM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: ecu numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by joni1600 View Post
i have no key just a push button start because it is in a race car the tilt sensor is not there i have a ecu from track electronics and it starts the car but when i plug in this new ecu it wont start

But you have put the anti-hotwire diode in the starter circuit somewhere?
Why are you trying to start it with this ECU if you have another one that works?
My guess is you need to re-wire the HISS part of the harness.
Try searching through the forum as I'm sure the details would've been posted here somewhere.
I may get a chance later on to have a look for it myself.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 02-18-2012, 5:37 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-16-2011
Location: n/ireland
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: ecu numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
But you have put the anti-hotwire diode in the starter circuit somewhere?
Why are you trying to start it with this ECU if you have another one that works?
My guess is you need to re-wire the HISS part of the harness.
Try searching through the forum as I'm sure the details would've been posted here somewhere.
I may get a chance later on to have a look for it myself.
i dont no about the hotwire diode
iam building a new car thats why i need a new ecu
there is no hiss on my loom no key or anything like that???
in the us wiring loomis the only difference is the wire in the ecu doz everything else fit on to the uk conections ???
joni1600 is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 02-18-2012, 5:48 AM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: ecu numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by joni1600 View Post
i dont no about the hotwire diode
iam building a new car thats why i need a new ecu
there is no hiss on my loom no key or anything like that???
in the us wiring loomis the only difference is the wire in the ecu doz everything else fit on to the uk conections ???
The ignition switch has a zenor diode in it to prevent hot-wiring. If you remove the ignition switch then you need to wire the diode into the harness.
I know the ignition switch is wired differently and the ECU wiring is different on the US models, The California model also has an O2 sensor on it. I would just get a non-Cali US harness. Is the ECU non-Cali (A) or Cali (AC)?
The wiring diagrams are on the forum as well as I posted them some years ago.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 02-18-2012, 1:27 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-16-2011
Location: n/ireland
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: ecu numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
The ignition switch has a zenor diode in it to prevent hot-wiring. If you remove the ignition switch then you need to wire the diode into the harness.
I know the ignition switch is wired differently and the ECU wiring is different on the US models, The California model also has an O2 sensor on it. I would just get a non-Cali US harness. Is the ECU non-Cali (A) or Cali (AC)?
The wiring diagrams are on the forum as well as I posted them some years ago.

how would i tell if it a non-cali(A) or a cali(AC) ecu
joni1600 is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 02-18-2012, 1:28 PM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: ecu numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by joni1600 View Post
how would i tell if it a non-cali(A) or a cali(AC) ecu

It would have A or AC marked on the sticker.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VIN NUMBERS bas General Discussion 7 09-07-2010 5:50 PM
Adjusting sag, my numbers Hanberg[DK] Honda RC51 1 04-15-2009 11:52 AM
Dyno Numbers?? vermontcalbud Honda FireBlade 7 03-08-2008 10:34 PM
Sweet numbers ondablade Honda FireBlade 5 12-06-2003 6:24 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome