New Guy... On multiple levels. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-23-2012, 7:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

New Guy... On multiple levels.

Hey guys, other forums I've participated in really appreciate (pretty much require) a FNG to introduce himself.

Just picked up my '99 rrx Saturday from Mazer Performance in Essex VT, funny story though... when I left my house in the AM I was headed to pick up a '96 fireblade from Westbrook ME. The '96 was supposed to have been freshly painted, 10k on a rebuilt motor, and was "guaranteed not to disappoint." Well I show up, and the paint is from a rattle can, and whoever did it didn't have much experience with painting. The gas tank has a broken mount, and the key lock on the tail section for the trunk has been smashed out. Not to mention that rebuilt motor, he's just guessing it has been rebuilt since it runs so smooth... meanwhile I am aware of a '99 with full two brothers exhaust, brand new diablo corsas, and the f4i gauges for the same money, but it's 3 hours away.

So we thank him for his time, and trek across into NH, all the way acorss the white mountain nation forest (gorgeous!) and most of the way across the state of VT (at this point it has gone from sunny and 70, to rainy and about 45). Pull up to the shop the bike is stored at, only to discover when we stopped for lunch I threw away the guys cell number. After about an hour of Google searches involving the guy's name and the shop's name, we find his home number (invasion of privacy...) and make the deal.

so 10 hours and 500 miles later, I come home with my new daily commuter.

https://www.fireblades.org/forums/new...ewthread&f=238
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-23-2012, 7:47 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 0

Re: New Guy... On multiple levels.

As far as being new, while new to the forum, this is also my first honda and my first sport bike. I'm still a harley guy at heart, but all it took was a 10 mile jaunt on my friends '01 zx9r to convince me that the all mighty "crotch rocket" really is way too much fun! So the sportster went up for sale, and I came home with my new 'sickle for less than I sold my bike for. Where I come from we call that, "win-win."

Wanted to get involved here cause I like turning my own wrenched, and inline four motorcycles are a foreign idea to me, so I'm gonna need to have a good resource for asking dumb questions for simple service procedures
post #3 of 4 Old 04-23-2012, 8:05 AM
C_T

Reputation Power: 20

hehe nice story, and nice bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-23-2012, 3:14 PM

Reputation Power: 11

glad you found a Honda mate....I LOVE mine, and I've had about 20 motorcycles so far. Honda really has their **** together when it comes to handling

I think you should run through the entire bike and make sure everything is perfect ! Oil, filter, brakes, chain, sprocket, tires etc etc. Be sure to clean out those carbs too !

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page