1999 blade rejetting - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 04-24-2012, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

1999 blade rejetting

hi all new to the site but been reading everything about carb jetting i can find but still dont really have an answer. i have just bought a new jet kit from sigmaracing. however they sent me 125x2 127.5x2 130x2 and 132.5x2 jets. in the fitting instructions they sent me they are saying to start of fitting the 125 jets to 1&4 carb and fitting 127.5 to 2&3 carb and if thats not right then change up a size (127.5 to 1&4 and 130 to 2&3). might be me but i thought the jets would all have to be the same size in all the carbs for balancing and setup or am i being stupid. or have i just been sent a half set of jets. sorry for the long story but want to try get my bike back together for a rally in couple weeks cheers for any help. sorry forgot to mention my bike is a 1999 RR-X

Last edited by weetutch; 04-24-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-24-2012, 11:05 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: 1999 blade rejetting

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetutch View Post
hi all new to the site but been reading everything about carb jetting i can find but still dont really have an answer. i have just bought a new jet kit from sigmaracing. however they sent me 125x2 127.5x2 130x2 and 132.5x2 jets. in the fitting instructions they sent me they are saying to start of fitting the 125 jets to 1&4 carb and fitting 127.5 to 2&3 carb and if thats not right then change up a size (127.5 to 1&4 and 130 to 2&3). might be me but i thought the jets would all have to be the same size in all the carbs for balancing and setup or am i being stupid. or have i just been sent a half set of jets. sorry for the long story but want to try get my bike back together for a rally in couple weeks cheers for any help. sorry forgot to mention my bike is a 1999 RR-X

Some engines the inner cylinders run hotter than the outers so they run slightly richer jets to cool them.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 5 Old 04-24-2012, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 0

cool cool did not know that not got a lot of bike mechanics under my belt but am a car mechanic so try to give anything a go. i have a haynes manual but its at work so am in middle of downloading one so have one on computer as well cheers for your reply bladeracer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:
cool cool did not know that not got a lot of bike mechanics under my belt but am a car mechanic so try to give anything a go. i have a haynes manual but its at work so am in middle of downloading one so have one on computer as well cheers for your reply bladeracer

One of the advantages that bikes have over cars is the ability to precisely tune each cylinder seperately from all the others. Not many cars run seperate carburetors.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #5 of 5 Old 04-25-2012, 6:07 PM

Reputation Power: 11

Quote:
Each bike is going to respond differently to mods, and the air to fuel ratio will vary due to elevation and outside temperature. Best thing to due is start rich and then lean it out until the plugs look good. Black plugs and you are rich, white and clean plugs means you are lean. Also listen for detonation. If it's detonating then you know it's running real lean. Burn premium 91 gas to prevent detonation and a blown engine.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page