2004 Fireblade - Clunkning noise from Transmission - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 04-24-2012, 3:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

2004 Fireblade - Clunkning noise from Transmission

Hi Everyone,

I was recently riding my Fireblade when the bike developed a clunking noise from the transmission. I would describle as a constant rattle. It happens in neutral, stops completely when the clutch is pulled in and then happens in the other gears, it sounds so bad I cannot ride the bike. It is definately coming from the transmission and maybe even sounds like a grinding of cogs.
The bike also seems to slip not select or slip out some high gears when being driven hard and acts like it has found a neutral, a hard shift and it then goes back into gear.

Also the noise it now makes in neutral and the gears now sounds somewhat like the noise it was making when changing into a gear at it not finding a gear, like something is not quite lined up.

Any advice would be really appreciated, I would like to get hands on, but a bike with the size engine is all new to me.

Many Thanks to anyone who could point me in the right direction.

Last edited by deathshore; 04-25-2012 at 4:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-24-2012, 3:24 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: 2004 Fireblade - Clunkning noise from Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathshore View Post
Hi Everyone,

I was recently riding my Fireblade when the bike developed a clunking noise from the transmission. I would describle as a constant rattle. It happens in neutral, stops completely when the clutch is pulled in and then happens in the other gears, it sounds so bad I cannot ride the bike. It is definately coming from the transmission and maybe even sounds like a grinding of cogs.
The bike also seems to slip not select or slip out some high gears when being driven hard and acts like it has found a neutral, a hard shift and it then goes back into gear.

Any advice would be really appreciated, I would like to get hands on, but a bike with the size engine is all new to me.

Many Thanks to anyone who could point me in the right direction.

If it's in all gears I'd be looking at the clutch.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 3 Old 04-24-2012, 5:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: 2004 Fireblade - Clunkning noise from Transmission

Hi,

It is in all the gears and neutral. The noise stops when the clutch is pulled, I don't think it is the clutch. More that pulling the clutch stops somethin rubbing or maybe something like that.

Maybe someone has some more ideas?!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Tags
clunk , fault , rattle , transmission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page