2011 Blade with Marchesini wheels - Suspension settings - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 04-24-2012, 8:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

2011 Blade with Marchesini wheels - Suspension settings

G'day friends,
New to the forum and first time poster, however i have been reading the useful info posted here for ages.
I am the proud owner of a 2011 Casey Stoner Blade and im looking at getting some Marchesini wheels for it, the M7r's.
My question is what sort of adjustment would be needed in the suspension department? I know suspension is a personal thing but never having fiddled too much in this area im not sure which way i should be going with a lighter wheel ie. softer or harder.
Im reading that 25mm sag is good for track use and about 30mm for street. Even though i use it mostly for street with the occasional track day ill probably go for 25mm to allow for when my Mrs is on the back with me.
I really want to know what i should be doing in the damping/ rebound department.

All help is much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-24-2012, 10:39 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: 2011 Blade with Marchesini wheels - Suspension settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymz77 View Post
G'day friends,
New to the forum and first time poster, however i have been reading the useful info posted here for ages.
I am the proud owner of a 2011 Casey Stoner Blade and im looking at getting some Marchesini wheels for it, the M7r's.
My question is what sort of adjustment would be needed in the suspension department? I know suspension is a personal thing but never having fiddled too much in this area im not sure which way i should be going with a lighter wheel ie. softer or harder.
Im reading that 25mm sag is good for track use and about 30mm for street. Even though i use it mostly for street with the occasional track day ill probably go for 25mm to allow for when my Mrs is on the back with me.
I really want to know what i should be doing in the damping/ rebound department.

All help is much appreciated.

Are they magnesium or aluminium wheels? Aluminium are not usually any lighter than OEM and some are heavier.
The sag won't change but you may want to back off the damping. Only riding it will tell you if you need to adjust them though.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 8 Old 04-25-2012, 1:46 AM Thread Starter

Aluminium.

Thanks for that. I just didnt know which way i would need to go if i did have to make an adjustment.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 04-25-2012, 1:48 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Aluminium.

Thanks for that. I just didnt know which way i would need to go if i did have to make an adjustment.

Cheers

Then you won't need to make any adjustment as they're probably close to OEM weight if not heavier - are they forged or cast?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #5 of 8 Old 04-25-2012, 4:21 AM Thread Starter

Forged.
So they should be lighter. If only slightly
post #6 of 8 Old 04-25-2012, 4:23 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Forged.
So they should be lighter. If only slightly

Forged are heavier than cast as the material is denser.

post #7 of 8 Old 04-25-2012, 5:59 AM Thread Starter

I pt a set of forged marchesinis on my DRZ400 supermotard and they made a huge difference.
It is a factory supermotard so it already had 17's on it but the lighter weight made a massive difference.
If i can get similar resluts on my blade i will be happy. However im mainly doining it for looks as i hate the stock 3 spoke wheels.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-25-2012, 6:07 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
I pt a set of forged marchesinis on my DRZ400 supermotard and they made a huge difference.
It is a factory supermotard so it already had 17's on it but the lighter weight made a massive difference.
If i can get similar resluts on my blade i will be happy. However im mainly doining it for looks as i hate the stock 3 spoke wheels.

How much lighter were they exactly?
Wouldn't a motard have had spoked wheels?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page