Hit and run resolution - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 04-25-2012, 6:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

Hit and run resolution

So I come out of work for lunch to see my beautiful 08 1000 with it's face knocked in and looking up at me on its side I had no words. Luckily the case was not broken and I rode it home, everything is in working order. It is now 2 weeks later and I have the money to buy parts. Sharkskinz street upper and lower along with a few extras...like frame sliders. Anyone had sharkskinz before? I'm almost certain i'm doing winning red again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 04-25-2012, 6:10 PM

Reputation Power: 11

Re: Hit and run resolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by eu4ic1000 View Post
So I come out of work for lunch to see my beautiful 08 1000 with it's face knocked in and looking up at me on its side I had no words. Luckily the case was not broken and I rode it home, everything is in working order. It is now 2 weeks later and I have the money to buy parts. Sharkskinz street upper and lower along with a few extras...like frame sliders. Anyone had sharkskinz before? I'm almost certain i'm doing winning red again.
That blows dude, any video cameras catch the criminal ?

I believe before and after pix are in order ! Or GTFO !!
post #3 of 21 Old 04-25-2012, 6:15 PM

Reputation Power: 113

Hit and runners should be SHOT. No trial, no jury ... straight to execution.

Post up the before and afters

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 04-25-2012, 8:06 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 231

Do, or do not, there is no try !
The mind is a funny thing

Jazzy's Blog
post #5 of 21 Old 04-26-2012, 1:03 AM

Reputation Power: 23

08's have the face smashed in look stock... you sure it was a hit and run?

(JK, it sucks man... that's why I don't ride my nice bike to work... I ride my wife's old 96 F3)
post #6 of 21 Old 04-26-2012, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

LOL Matt... asshole yeah i'm going to have to get you guys picutres. Would have taken some for insurance but they wan't to add and extra 50% to my monthly! Avoiding highway robbery, I said ahh helll no. I'm thinking maybe no decals and slightly darker red??
post #7 of 21 Old 04-26-2012, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Oh yeah, no cameras. I work at the cessna employee flying club.. I know what you are thinking, big company and all. The flying club is small with maybe 25 parking spots. No cameras. The individual didn't even come in after they hit it.
post #8 of 21 Old 04-27-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky91 View Post
Hit and runners should be SHOT. No trial, no jury ... straight to execution.

Post up the before and afters

Oh c'mon. Not saying i've ever hit and ran but I could see some circumstances where the person almost deserved the hit & run...

Actually now thinking about it, I think I have hit and run a few times. It was about 3 years ago at a party. Everyone was parked in this guys lawn becuase he didn't really have a driveway. So as you can imagine there were cars parked in all different directions. Not only that, but it was mid winter, so lots of snow, ice, and fogged up windows to which is almost impossible to see out of with 5% tint on the back windows. As I left the house party I was backing up carefully (or so I thought) and I felt my car stop abruptly. I stumbled out and saw there was another car there. I remember thinking "well, he shouldn't have been there", and I drove away. There was hardly any damage anyways haha.

Another time was when I was backing out of my driveway and nailed a car parked directly across from my driveway. That just pissed me off that he parked there instead of along the curb beside the driveway. So I drove away and nothing ever happened.
post #9 of 21 Old 04-27-2012, 10:26 AM

Reputation Power: 291

Send a message via MSN to setanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwestrider View Post
Actually now thinking about it, I think I have hit and run a few times. It was about 3 years ago at a party. Everyone was parked in this guys lawn becuase he didn't really have a driveway. So as you can imagine there were cars parked in all different directions. Not only that, but it was mid winter, so lots of snow, ice, and fogged up windows to which is almost impossible to see out of with 5% tint on the back windows. As I left the house party I was backing up carefully (or so I thought) and I felt my car stop abruptly. I stumbled out and saw there was another car there. I remember thinking "well, he shouldn't have been there", and I drove away. There was hardly any damage anyways haha.

Another time was when I was backing out of my driveway and nailed a car parked directly across from my driveway. That just pissed me off that he parked there instead of along the curb beside the driveway. So I drove away and nothing ever happened.
Gee your reversing sucks, I think you need to retake your test

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #10 of 21 Old 04-27-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by setanta View Post
Gee your reversing sucks, I think you need to retake your test

Haha, reversing seems to be my pet peeve. When I was 16 I thought it would be a great idea to go to an open parking lot and do the ole' go really fast in reverse and flip the wheel around so that the car is going straight again. Well I wasn't paying attention to the light pole with a concrete surrounding at the bottom sitting in the middle of the parking lot. Let's just say my car was almost deemed totalled. I hit the **** out of it in reverse. Exploded the entire back end of the car, and the front passenger door was smashed in aswell.
post #11 of 21 Old 04-27-2012, 11:08 AM

Reputation Power: 291

Send a message via MSN to setanta

Quote:
Haha, reversing seems to be my pet peeve. When I was 16 I thought it would be a great idea to go to an open parking lot and do the ole' go really fast in reverse and flip the wheel around so that the car is going straight again. Well I wasn't paying attention to the light pole with a concrete surrounding at the bottom sitting in the middle of the parking lot. Let's just say my car was almost deemed totalled. I hit the **** out of it in reverse. Exploded the entire back end of the car, and the front passenger door was smashed in aswell.
Im saying naught, but one serious point arises from the stories, is its a good job there wasnt a child behind you

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum

Last edited by setanta; 04-27-2012 at 12:59 PM.
post #12 of 21 Old 04-27-2012, 4:58 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

Quote:
Originally Posted by eu4ic1000 View Post
LOL Matt... @#!*% yeah i'm going to have to get you guys picutres. Would have taken some for insurance but they wan't to add and extra 50% to my monthly! Avoiding highway robbery, I said ahh helll no. I'm thinking maybe no decals and slightly darker red??
I don't carry any collision insuranse on my bike for exactly the reason you described. If your insurance rep was being honest and forthwith to you, then they should have suggested you make this claim on your comprehensive. Maybe different for your area, but where I live, insurance will not raise rates due to comprehensive claims. They may drop you, but can't raise your rates. If you haven't already, check with your insurance AGENT, not your claims adjuster.

Quote:

That's such a funny story! I know it wasn't funny when it happened, sounds like a lot of damage, but hopefully it's been long enough since it happened... The visual is still cracking me up!
post #13 of 21 Old 04-27-2012, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by setanta View Post
Im saying naught, but one serious point arises from the stories, is its a good job there wasnt a child behind you
No children, but 3 of my friends were in the car with me! HAHA

Don't worry I learned my lessons early. Since then, about 7 years I have never been pulled over by the police and have only been in one minor fender bender with another driver which didn't even bend our fenders. I STILL HAVE THE SAME CAR SINCE I WAS 16!!
post #14 of 21 Old 04-28-2012, 6:41 PM Thread Starter

post #15 of 21 Old 05-01-2012, 3:23 PM

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page