Shift Light / License plate light - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda Naked Sportbikes Discussion of the Honda 599, Honda 919, and Honda CB1300 Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 01-15-2009, 8:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Shift Light / License plate light

Hey everyone.

Starting to do things to my 919 this winter. Have a plan in mind, just curious about some parts...

Has anyone put a shift light of any kind on their 919 or other Honda? Took mine to the track a few times last year, and I really think a shift light would be beneficial. If so, what kind/how did you install it. And, I'll take this one step further. I actually want to make my own shift light... Does anyone know if the signal to the tach is frequency or voltage...?

Next question. I saw on here someone mentioned using a small LED light bar to light their license plate light after removing the fender. Where can I find one of these, name brand/etc.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-15-2009, 9:42 PM

Reputation Power: 12

Re: Shift Light / License plate light

I've got a shift-i;http://www.ecliptech.com.au/Works very well, the design build quality is second to none - very well prepared product. Pricey yes but you get what you pay for. I had it on my SV650 now its going on my 929 tonight/this weekend. They tell you which colour wires to use and provide clips so you dont have to bother soldering/cutting etc if you dont want to.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-25-2009, 12:07 PM

hey if your looking for lisence plate lights, PM me, I have White LED bolt lights I bought but then decided not to use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-29-2009, 7:26 PM

Oh man I'd LOVE to have a shift light...or one that just let's me know when I'm in 6th. I have a habit of not knowing/forgetting and have to "check" from time to time with an upshift (to nowhere). Not the coolest move and probably doesn't help the tranny. Please post if you have any success.
Thanks & Good Luck!
post #5 of 5 Old 02-03-2009, 11:27 PM

Reputation Power: 13

get a Dyna shift minder and you can use any 12v light you want. They are very easy to install and are very small.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda Naked Sportbikes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page