Best exhaust system for crf 450 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda Off-Road Discussion of Honda Off-Road Vehicles, including Honda Dirt Bikes, Honda ATVs, Honda 4-Wheelers, and Honda Watercraft.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-21-2007, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Best exhaust system for crf 450

Hey, I just bought a 2007 crf 450. I am looking at new header and silencer combos. Which system will offer me the most hp, and how does the system effect the powerband? I have been looking at the Yoshi RS-2 Pro carbonfiber/ titanium system but havent made up my mind on what to buy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-22-2007, 9:15 PM

Reputation Power: 13

Re: Best exhaust system for crf 450

Just curious, why do you think you need more power? That bike rocks in stock form and few riders can ride it to it's limits.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-23-2007, 1:51 AM

Akripovic is the only one that won't rob you of mid-range torque. Stick an FMF power bomb in front of it, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-23-2007, 2:30 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phadreus View Post
Just curious, why do you think you need more power? That bike rocks in stock form and few riders can ride it to it's limits.
I would like a little deeper throaty sound for the bike. and is there really such a thing as too much power? Just as long as its useable
post #5 of 5 Old 06-23-2007, 10:26 AM

Not knowing your riding style, it's hard to say what's best. In MX you want a good 'snap' in the power band to get you airborn. My stepson rides hare scrambles on his CRf450R all stock, so he looks for big torque surge with power wheelie capability to carry him over the rough stuff while still accelerating. He figures Honda spent a billion dollars getting it right so he put his money in suspension and a Scott's steering damper. Your tires will make a big difference in getting the power to the ground. Closer spacing on the knobbies, like a Dunop 952 will give you more spin at first, then hook up as you get going, so you can just crank it open. S12 Michelins will hook up in the middle of a corner but you have to be careful not to loop out at full throttle so they take more clutch and are good on a short tight track with lots of loose dirt. I run DOT trials tires on my XR400 enduro bike and just power slide it, no clutch, just all throttle.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda Off-Road

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page