Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Insurance

4K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Bacchus 
#1 ·
Anyone have their dirt bikes insured against fire/theft? I was quoted a total of $150/year to cover both bikes. :idunno:

#8 ·
$150 a year is about what I pay for my XR Conq. I have Foremost insurance. I too thought I was covered under my home policy but after speaking with my Farmers agent, found out that I had to get an off-road specific policy. I personally don't feel the need to have collision as I don't ride the street with it but maybe 1% of the time. My blade gets the other 99%!

#9 ·
Pete said:
Would your homeowner's policy not cover them, if you had enough coverage on contents?

I recently changed all of my insurance to State Farm, and he basically said homeowner's (renter's ins in my case) covers everything without a motor.

Full coverage for my bike for the year was $250 or something. Planning to add it soon. He also said once a year I can turn off the comp/collision for a certain period and it will only cover fire and theft at home. That is something like $10/mo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.