Major issue's I need to look at - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda RC51 Discussion of the Honda RC51, Honda SP1, and Honda SP2 Motorcycles.

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By COBRA90GT

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 08-05-2019, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 13

Major issue's I need to look at

Hi All....

So I recently bought a RC51Sp1 that needs some care. However what are the main problems with these bikes i should look out for. Like to burn R/R and alternators or burn valves etc...?

Then most importantly i drained the oil, replaced oil and filter but i cannot see any oil in teh sight glass. YES i have filled it up with correct amount of oil again. Its should be 3.8L as i understand it.

Thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-05-2019, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 8

Re: Major issue's I need to look at

IMHO, the "RC51" sub-section on this msg board isn't very active and there's a wealth of info on other dedicated RC51 sites/msg boards such as: rc51forums . com , rc51 . org ("rogue" site) or speedzilla . com .

Not to say that this msg board doesn't have its share of helpful past threads (use the search feature?) - this is still a fine site for general motorcycling info and "fireblade" specific bike help/discussions, etc. I've found it quite helpful for 954 stuff.

What type of issues / care does your SP1 need btw ? Was it neglected or crashed/being built back up or something ?

These 51s are pretty stout overall and generally free of any hardcore "problems," if you will. Believe a certain range of SP1s fell victim to fuel tanks leaking at the rear seam. Keep up with regular maintenance like you would with any other motorcycle and it'll treat you back properly.

You are correct with the amount of fluid for an oil change. Remember that you have to keep the bike level when you check the oil, so you might need to slide a block of wood under the side stand before looking at the oil sight glass/window.
IanDoohan likes this.

-'02 Silver/Black CBR 954RR
-'06 Black/Metallic Gray RC-51

-'11 Graphite Black CBR 1000RR
(sold)
-'08 Pearl Orange CBR 600RR (sold)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda RC51

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page