Brembo CLUTCH MC & Galfer Braided CLUTCH Lines - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda RC51 Discussion of the Honda RC51, Honda SP1, and Honda SP2 Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 01-08-2006, 2:40 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17

Send a message via AIM to southpark460 Send a message via Yahoo to southpark460
Brembo CLUTCH MC & Galfer Braided CLUTCH Lines

I installed my new Brembo 16x18 clutch master cylinder tonight. Fairly easy project. I didn't have nearly as many "challenges" with this project as I did with the brake side. All the banjos fit. Of course, I did have to machine a bracket the same as in this thread.

The Galfer line fit great. The lenght was dead on, and for once the connectors were pretty much oriented the proper direction! I removed the old clutch line and piping, and cut the rubber bushing off of the old assembly. I laid the new line in place and measured where the brackets from the old assembly were and safety wired the rubber bushings in those locations so that the brackets would secure the line along the bike. Tightened up the banjos and moved on to the reservoir mounting (which was the same as the thread above so I'll just skip that).

Bleeding was fairly easy too. Again, I started by bleeding the MC a bit to get the line wet. Then I did the standard bleeding at the bleeder on the slave cylinder. Within about 2 minutes, the line and MC were completely bled. The Brembo gives very good feeling to the clutch. Can't wait to give it a spin. I think 2 finger clutching should be very easy, especially with the Brembo shortys.

Click image for larger version

Name:	clutch.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	16440
Click image for larger version

Name:	clutch2.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	16441

Last edited by southpark460; 01-08-2006 at 7:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda RC51

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page