Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

RC 51 swingarm extensions

9K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  coombehouse 
#1 ·
Has any1 ever seen or heard of any1 putting swingarm extensions on an RC 51? If so where can the b found? Are any of the other swingarm extensions for the honda bikes compatible with the RC? Any info is appreciated.

#7 ·
THAT'S A BIG :thumbd: :nono:
What are you trying to achieve by doing this? :huh:
The RC is a sports bike, not a drag bike, as posted earlier.
Man, if you purchased this bike for this reason, then you need to take a good look at yourself, and ask yourself, what you really want from this bike. :confused:
Asking for an opinion on this sort of mod on this bike, and on this forum, is only asking for a reality check.
Sorry man, just had to throw in my :twocents: .

#8 ·
Re: it's your bike, do what you want

look dude, don't let these gung ho die hard rc junkies tell you what to do with your bike. I own a 2000, I lowered it and I to plan on buying a extension kit for mine to. I don't care why they built it or what anybody has to say or feels, I bought it, it's mine and I'll do what I want to it. the fact of the matter is is that most of us don't do canyon carving and knee draging. I regularly see light to light action with zx10's gsxr's and and r1's all the time and that is what I will cater to. I love my rc and truely enjoy it and this is how I want to have my fun on it. I can't afford a new or different bike (plus I'm addicted to the fun factor i.e. sound torque curve unique bike). so for those who don't like what I'm doing don't worry about me, you do you and I'll do me

#11 ·
Re: it's your bike, do what you want

look dude, don't let these gung ho die hard rc junkies tell you what to do with your bike. I own a 2000, I lowered it and I to plan on buying a extension kit for mine to. I don't care why they built it or what anybody has to say or feels, I bought it, it's mine and I'll do what I want to it. the fact of the matter is is that most of us don't do canyon carving and knee draging. I regularly see light to light action with zx10's gsxr's and and r1's all the time and that is what I will cater to. I love my rc and truely enjoy it and this is how I want to have my fun on it. I can't afford a new or different bike (plus I'm addicted to the fun factor i.e. sound torque curve unique bike). so for those who don't like what I'm doing don't worry about me, you do you and I'll do me
If you need a straightline bike the the RC isnt relly suitable. Not enough power & the gearing is wrong. Early Gixxer 1000 is the way to go. Cheap, light & easy to modify.
Having said all that what do I know. I have seen some strange thing over the years - road race handlebars on a dirt bike for example. Whatever floats your boat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.