Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Hi all.

627 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BALDYMONSTER 
#1 ·
New to the forum but not new to blades, currently on my third. It’s a 1999 registered in 2000 so the very last of the carb models, obviously.

Previously owned a 1998 and then the very first 929 fuel injection model. Very disappointing bike imho sadly.

Looking forward to reading and learning and maybe even helping when and if I can.

#3 ·
Tbh mate everything. ?

At the time I just had to have the latest sports bike and I immediately put a deposit down on the new 929 and like an arse I didn’t even test ride it.

It wasn’t a bad bike, to all intents and purposes it was a great bike. It just seemed very dull and flat compared to anything else sports bike relate d I’d ever ridden.

I just found it to feel more like some sort of tourer, it never felt that fast (comparatively speaking) handling wasn’t that sharp, I don’t know it just never did it for me.

I binned it and rebuilt it, all cosmetic, added a power commander, rear sets and all sorts of stuff then sold it a few months later.

The 959 and onwards are all dynamite imo however. And the 97-99 blades are probably the best all round bikes I’ve ever known.

#4 ·
I'm reluctant to buy into this, but as a current owner of both the 929 and 954 I'll pass on my personal opinion.

Whilst the 954 is supposed to be the better bike (according to a bunch of reviewers) I feel the 929 is much sharper and punchy. (Both my bikes are stock - save for can) Of course this could be one of this misplaced perceptions, But I have echoed similar yonks ago on another forum.

It is always great to hear of other people's opinions and experiences and the way we differ in so many ways.:wink

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.