Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

HELLO FROM, FLORIDA

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Scrat01 
#1 ·
HELLO, IAM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND JUST WANTED TO STOP BY AND SAY HI, I CURRENTLY AM GETTING IN THE WHOLE BIKE SCENE AND I SO FAR LOVE IT, I'AM PLANNING ON GETTING 2008 YAMAHA R1 ..:smilebig:

#10 ·
Hmm, a starter bike being an R1 - your very brave!

My bike i bought when i got back into riding was a GPZ500s, but i dont know if its been released over in the USA - mine is a 1997 model and is very low.

Its got 56BHP standard (or there abouts) and have enough punch for a starter bike.

Where abouts in Orlando do you live? I went to kissimmee for the summer and was staying about 5 mins from Highway 192 - my god is it hot in the summer!

#11 ·
I think the last GPz sold in the states was in 84. although my first bike was an 86 Ninja600R and the cases said GPz even though it was a ZX600A2.

the new Ninja250 would be a great starter bike. plus it looks awesome, one of the best looking 08 models there is in my opinion. seat height is probably fairly low too, go to the Kawi dealer and check one out. Not sure if its hit sales floors yet or not.

#15 ·
I hope your very wealthy because when you finance that bike to build your credit, you'll have to pay probably twice more than your payment monthly for insurance.

Personally, I'd look for a decent cruiser to start on. They sit very low and insurance is a lot cheaper, not to mention half the price of a new R1.:twocents:

#16 ·
G'day radafi or should I say goodbye....
Geeze matey.... are you planning on only being a temporary motorcyclist?
An R1 as your first bike will get you into a whole lot of trouble! Get yourself a YZ 125 and go rip around a paddock. Trust me, it's a sphincter factor of 9.95 and you'll only hurt yourself, not the family you run into on your R1 on the road.
I've been riding for 20 something years and the cbr600 I just bought is enough of a step up for me (for the moment :).
Good luck, and I really hope to see ya riding sometime soon :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.