For Sale 2006 Super CBR1000RR, top notch componets, unreal performance check it out - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Motorcycles For Sale Buy and sell motorcycles here.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 05-11-2010, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

For Sale 2006 Super CBR1000RR, top notch componets, unreal performance check it out

Hello all,

I am helping my friend sell his 2006 Super CBR1000RR
PM me for any questions, This bike is staggering and a real dream bike.
I own a 03' 954RR and love the performance. I've ridden this bike and I have no words, it's really 8 levels up. I was there when it was Dyno'd.

One of a Kind

Meticulous

Own the street with 218 RWP! Regularly aspirated, pump gas.

Premium components, Suspension, Wheels, and more.

Total of 400 miles on bike.

-Over $40,000.00 invested. Great deal at $19,750.00-

Fully street legal, includes race plastics. (Never installed, blank and ready for paint)

No time on track. All miles on dyno and street.

Stock bikes are fast. This bike has World Superbike stats.

Super refined and beyond scary fast.

Engine:
-HRC race pistons
-Milled/ported head
-HRC SBK ECU
-Arata Full Titanium Exhaust
-K/N filter
-Powercommander III
-Engine work done by Diel Rojas, TX.

Chassis:
-FG670 Ohlins front end. Forks,upper/lower triples
-Ohlins rear shock
-Marchesini forged aluminum wheels, brake rotors, axles.

Other:
-Billet rear sets/controls
-Translogic meter assembly
-Keyless ignition
-Renthal 520 conversion
-Brembo rear brake master/caliper
-Proton front blinkers
-Fender elimiator
-Honda rear seat cowl
-Puig DB clear windscreen
-Michelin pilot power race tires
-Billet chain adjusters
-Billet quick open gas cap
Titanium hardware throughout! 4 bolts alone $60.00.
Attached Thumbnails
pic1.JPG‎   yes 2.JPG‎   yes 3.JPG‎   yes 4.JPG‎  

yes 5.JPG‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 05-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: For Sale 2006 Super CBR1000RR, top notch componets, unreal performance check it o

Very nice.
Do you have the dyno graph?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 20 Old 05-11-2010, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Re: For Sale 2006 Super CBR1000RR, top notch componets, unreal performance check it o

I'll get a copy and try to post it from work today.
Thanks for the complement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 05-12-2010, 10:42 AM

Reputation Power: 10

Good luck with sale.
post #5 of 20 Old 05-13-2010, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Here are the dyno pics and the explanation;

This report refects a dyno run on a Dyno Dynamics brand dyno which gets its info from a speed sensor and is typically low or conservative with its numbers, around 20-30% lower than that of Dynojet numbers. (inertia weighted wheel measuring)

190 RWP x 120%= 228 RWP on a Dynojet dyno

190 RWP x 130%= 247 RWP on a Dynojet dyno

So in effect I misprinted low with the 218 RWP.

Please feel free to jump in and give any info on this subject, I am not the expert, this is how it was explained to me.

190,218,228,247 any and all these numbers will absolutely pull your arms off and leave you soiled.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0246.JPG‎  
post #6 of 20 Old 05-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMAXIMUS View Post
190 RWP x 120%= 228 RWP on a Dynojet dyno

190 RWP x 130%= 247 RWP on a Dynojet dyno

So in effect I misprinted low with the 218 RWP.

Actually, since those are rough "guestimates" I'd say you miss-guessed low.
All you can substantiate is 190hp - which is still very healthy.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #7 of 20 Old 05-13-2010, 7:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
Actually, since those are rough "guestimates" I'd say you miss-guessed low.
All you can substantiate is 190hp - which is still very healthy.
If one looks up the differences in Dyno Dynamics, Dynojet dynometers you will find the same margins of differences.
If anyone that is interested in the machine and would like to call the engine builder, I believe he has a copy of the run/s he did to map it after the engine work. He is/was a HRC race team technician from what I understand. I actually took the bike to my local dyno (Dyno Dynamics dyno) not to get a HP reading but to program the translogic dash. Pushing buttons and going through the gears on the street would be terrifying, if not impossible because of the shear performance of this bike.

Do some homework and one can find the evidence regarding the Dyno dynamics numbers compared that to Dynojet numbers. (Cycleworld uses)

Thanks for your and everyone's interest.
post #8 of 20 Old 05-13-2010, 10:13 PM

Reputation Power: 31

I'm impressed and would love to have it. Add it to the list.
Bob
post #9 of 20 Old 05-14-2010, 2:07 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
If one looks up the differences in Dyno Dynamics, Dynojet dynometers you will find the same margins of differences.

Yes, I know the numbers are different :-)
But until there is a known _constant_ for the difference you can't just make a guess and claim it as fact, especially when you're asking people for money on that basis.
You can say "it does 100mph which is 161kph" because the difference is a known constant.
It's a most impressive bike but you are stating 218hp because you know the vast majority of riders use Dynojet numbers for comparisons without making any mention that it actually has 190hp.

Last edited by bladeracer; 05-14-2010 at 11:17 AM.
post #10 of 20 Old 05-14-2010, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

What if we turned the tables..... instead of a Dynojet world we now live in a Dyno Dynamics world.... I then come to the table with a Dynojet number and advertise it as actual.... People would be pissed off and think I am a scam artist trying to push a high Dynojet reading in a Dyno Dynamics world to make a sale with people finding out that the Dyno jet dyno registers 20-30 % higher

The engine builder said that it will put out numbers over 220 with pump gas (Dynojet), If you are interested in the bike you might check his credentials. If you second guess the info on dyno differences that I have listed, by all means look into it and give me any appropriate feedback necessary. I'm open to anything and I am glad in a way that we are covering this so that it is on the table. Not only for the prospective sale of this bike but also for the general knowlegde/education for all who wish to implore.

Whichever way the chips may fall on how you decipher the numbers, they are incredible and this bike is a spectacular deal for the performance offered from any point of view, engine, chassis, etc...

Thanks again.

Last edited by CMAXIMUS; 05-14-2010 at 10:57 AM. Reason: grammar
post #11 of 20 Old 05-14-2010, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Here is a link to one of the first things to pop up with a google search "dynojet dyno vs dyno dynamics" This particular test with a cage "car"
has a 22% difference. I jumped to the jist of the artice and read these numbers. I'll go back and read any explaination they might have come up with.

Dyno Comparison - Dynojet & DynoDynamics (Apples to Apples) - NASIOC
post #12 of 20 Old 05-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
What if we turned the tables..... instead of a Dynojet world we now live in a Dyno Dynamics world.... I then come to the table with a Dynojet number and advertise it as actual.... People would be pissed off and think I am a scam artist trying to push a high Dynojet reading in a Dyno Dynamics world to make a sale with people finding out that the Dyno jet dyno registers 20-30 % higher

The engine builder said that it will put out numbers over 220 with pump gas (Dynojet), If you are interested in the bike you might check his credentials. If you second guess the info on dyno differences that I am listed, by all means look into it and give me any appropriate feedback necessary. I'm open to anything and I am glad in a way that we are covering this so that it is on the table. Not only for the prospective sale of this bike but also for the general knowlegde/education for all who wish to implore.

Whichever way the chips may fall on how you decipher the numbers, they are incredible and this bike is a spectacular deal for the performance offered from any point of view, engine, chassis, etc...

Thanks again.

I don't see the point of your hyperthetical analogy.
DJ is the standard when comparing dyno output - that's why you inflated the figure you have isn't it? I don't care which is higher or lower, just that it's relevant to your potential customers.
If somebody has a nice 1000RR now that's putting out 175hp they might be tempted to sell it to buy yours expecting 218hp. Certainly your's may well put out more than that - but you can't state that with certainty until you have actually run it on a DJ dyno.
The engine builder's credentials or researching the differences aren't relevant since _you_ are the one claiming the DJ figure as accurate.
Stating "190hp on a Dyno Dynamics dyno" would have been sufficient and true. Anybody interested in trying to compare that figure with their own bike is free do their own research and find their own conclusions.
I have no doubt the bike is awesome.

post #13 of 20 Old 05-15-2010, 1:28 PM

Reputation Power: 15

The Dyno debate can probably be a separate thread so this guy can keep the focus on the sale of his bike, don't you think?

Whatever the number actually is though, it's an extraordinary bike! That's a hell of a lot of power on two wheels.
post #14 of 20 Old 05-15-2010, 1:33 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB View Post
The Dyno debate can probably be a separate thread so this guy can keep the focus on the sale of his bike, don't you think?

Whatever the number actually is though, it's an extraordinary bike! That's a hell of a lot of power on two wheels.

Except that the power output would seem to be the basis of the $20K price tag so it should be accurate?

"Own the street with 218 RWP! Regularly aspirated, pump gas."

post #15 of 20 Old 05-16-2010, 2:04 AM Thread Starter

Thanks KenB! I was waiting for a stand up citizen to stand up, speak up.

Really, Bladeracer has an excellent point, he made it, I agreed and explained. The short of it is 190 HP is all you see on a piece of paper that I attached to this thread. Fortunately life is not about the short of it, just the facts, or black and white. I clearly posted as to how I came up with the figure Dyno Dynamics numbers are ALWAYS lower than DJ numbers. He even agreed himself. He even agreed that my assessment is too low on what the DJ number is.
I understand his commitment to looking out for the other guy to make sure people don't get screwed.
When I sat down to make the add I was not looking at the Dyno sheet. I went from memory on my discussion with the technician that ran the Dyno dynamics dyno and his explanation on what the conversion to a Dyno jet number would be. There was at no point any deception or ill intent put into the add. Quite the difference, my dynojet conversion number is only a 15% increase not the 20-30% suggested. If I was looking at the dyno sheet when I made the add, I'm sure it is quite possible I would have included the explanation from the start. I had forgotten that the dyno sheet said 190, and I was living in a world with knowledge that the bike easily made a 218 DJ number, because we all speak in DJ numbers in the motorcycle world. So from the time it was dyno'd last year I burned a conservative DJ number in my head regarding the bike. I do apologize to anyone that may be offended, including bladeracer.

I know that I have more than made up for any confusion about the add.

Anyone can agree that this bike's price is basis of the total package.
Not just the HP as bladeracer seems to think.
It would still be an excellent price with only 180 HP. Ohlins, Marchesini, Translogic, etc... etc... etc.... 40K + invested. Only a piece of that into the engine/HP.

If anyone is truly interested, I don't think that taking it to a DJ dyno would be out of the question. I'm not convinced it's necessary, what evidence we have is enough; between the parts in the bike, the dyno sheet we have , the facts on how to convert it to a DJ number, the reputation of the engine builder, and the admittance by bladeracer that the bike may well put out more.

With this posting I'm hoping more and more people learn about the different dynos and what their numbers mean. I was not aware of this dynamics vs DJ thing when the bike was dyno'd, the main purpose of that dyno run was to program the translogic and the story unfolded as you have read above.

I commend you on your stick-to-it-ness bladeracer. You picked a detail out, grabbed onto it like a pitbull and did not let go. It enabled you to get the whole story behind a HP claim on a classified add. Must be greatly satisfying to expose such a heinous act that turned out not to be. I'm sure that most that have read this found it to be a bit silly after a certian point, I base this on KenB's comment. I'm just people too... made a mistake, admitted to, explained, and apologized as soon as I realized.

Something that makes me laugh and get through the days. "We're all douche bags, just some of us realize it."

She'll be posted on Craigslist soon, with an explanation on the HP numbers this time..
I've been a visitor and member of this site for a while, just had not posted. 5 CBRs under my belt over the years. Just wanted to give the folks here a shot at it first.

Thank you all again.

Last edited by CMAXIMUS; 05-16-2010 at 2:05 AM. Reason: grammar
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Motorcycles For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page