Hollister Hills - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Road Racing Discussion of Motorcycle Off-Road Racing.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 11-16-2006, 6:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Hollister Hills

I finally got to ride my atv at Hollister Hills. All I can say is that it was the best atv experience i have ever had. Lots of wide one way trails that are clearly marked. And the place is huge. I rode all day and could barely cover a small portion of the park. I was riding pretty hard, as i was trying to keep up with my friends that were on bikes. I was so sore when i left, i could hardly hold my cell phone to my ear lol.

On the next day i went to Carnegie and went on some trails that no quad had any business being on. Rode hard all day there too.. on sunday, i rested. whew. i can't get enough of offroad riding. Im planning on going to Carnegie on sunday.. anyone in the area up to go?

Last edited by djice929; 11-16-2006 at 6:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 11-16-2006, 9:51 PM

Re: Hollister Hills

Is "psych hill" still there? Havent been to Hollister since the early 1980's.
post #3 of 10 Old 11-16-2006, 9:53 PM Thread Starter

I dont remember seeing anything with that name, but the park is so big, i couldnt see it all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 11-16-2006, 10:01 PM

I love Hollister, but it's a place I'd get up at 6 AM to head over to, so I could get out by 11 or so.

No offense, but the intermediate trails get full of morons that don't have the skill for a bike, so they clog the place up and endanger all on their quads...I've been run into, and almost had a couple of really bad collisions with these idiots merging without looking.

But when you get off the beaten path, there are some great gems there. I can do loop to loop on Pete's Path-Jay's Way all day. Good stuff.

There are places more difficult that I've ridden, but they just never seem to be as fun as Hollister.

I like it so much there I'm spoiled, I can't stand riding down here in SoCal.

post #5 of 10 Old 11-16-2006, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtolean View Post
I love Hollister, but it's a place I'd get up at 6 AM to head over to, so I could get out by 11 or so.

No offense, but the intermediate trails get full of morons that don't have the skill for a bike, so they clog the place up and endanger all on their quads...I've been run into, and almost had a couple of really bad collisions with these idiots merging without looking.

I was just going to plus 1 the love Hollister, but saw the rest was plus 1, too.
post #6 of 10 Old 11-16-2006, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

I noticed that once we got up higher in the park, there was alot less traffic. You just had to be alert when you came up to an intersection. I love coming around a corner and sliding up on a berm and nailing the gas and washing out the back end.. oh yeah!
post #7 of 10 Old 11-17-2006, 12:13 AM

It may have been a local colloquialism...it was a nasty hill with a 90 degree turn half way up around a tree, defintaly for dirt bikes only. I was just a young squirt riding my bmx bike around in the parking are at the time, probaly late 70's or so.
post #8 of 10 Old 11-21-2006, 6:20 PM Thread Starter

Didnt want to start a new thread, so i thought i would post some of my pics from carnegie here, nothing too exciting though. Im on the atv. I was able to stay with the bikes for the most part on this trip, so im getting faster I did crash into a wire fence though. I came around a turn too fast and new i was going to slide off the trail and tumble down to the next trail, so i jumped off the high one onto the low one but couldnt turn fast enough and went right into a wire fence lol. All the pics can be see at MACH 1 RYDERZ -> Carnigie Nov 19, 2006
Attached Thumbnails
john hillclimb 11-19-06.jpg‎   john keith dennis chris top of carnegie 11-19-06.jpg‎   john keith ralphchris top of carnegie 11-19-06.jpg‎   chris jump 3 track 11-19-06.jpg‎  

post #9 of 10 Old 11-26-2006, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

G Force Junkie, Psych Hill is still there, i saw it yesterday. That was for bikes only, and only if you are insane lol.

LTL, I went on Petes Path on my atv! I noticed I was the only atv on it (or any other Black Diamond).. thats a wild trail. There was this one point in the trail that went uphill with an instant turn to the left after the peak. Not sure how else to describe it, but it thought that was it for me and the quad, but i made it. I just gassed it lol. One of my friends slid off into the bushes and would have gone down the steep hill if the bushes were there. Pulling his crf450r uphill out of the bushes was alot of fun either. Lately I have been hitting a different OHV park every weekend, lots of fun. For those of you who havent tried it, you dont know what you are missing!
post #10 of 10 Old 12-19-2007, 4:02 PM

Reputation Power: 27

Hollister is good family fun. Nothing there is too difficult. I always prefer Carnegie if the kiddies are staying home. It's definately nowhere near as big as hollister, but it has many more challenging hills.

Ride Red

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Motorcycle Racing > Off-Road Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page