Torque - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-24-2013, 7:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

Torque

So just for shits and giggles, I watched that movie Torque again last night...mainly to see if I could quickly recognize any of the bikes on there, that I most likely wouldn't have been able to shortly after it came out. I hadn't watched it (for good reason) in several years.

Quite amusing that the first three bikes you see in that movie are an Aprilia RSV Mille, an RC-51 and surprisingly enough, a 954. All three of those bikes were on my consideration list before I wound up with the '54.

The plot was meh, at best and the mystifying defiance of the laws of physics made me want to punch holes in the wall, including and especially the last chase scene through downtown LA. Quite amusing that the turbine bike could barely keep up with the Harley at race speeds and the bad guy riding the Harley had zero issues with wind buffeting. SMH
I can't call this F&F on motorcycles because as bad as the first three F&Fs were, this movie wasn't even near as good as them.
And I'm that they decided to call a movie about sportbikes, Torque.

I was also perplexed at the fact that aside from Ice Cube's character, who was riding a Daytona 955i, every one of his 'Reapers' were riding ZX-7's.

Some really nice bikes, but a really, really bad movie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-24-2013, 1:24 PM

Reputation Power: 24

Re: Torque

Ahhhhhhh yess "I didn't come here to watch you pet your dog." LOL that movie could almost be a parody of the riding criminal world. It is bright, colorful, and it keeps my attention I love the 5th gear wheelie in the begining too out of the Aprilia Mille! Maybe someday somebody will produce a good theater worthy movie. I have heard biker boys was better but I haven't seen it, still.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-24-2013, 1:35 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 22

Re: Torque

Quote:
Originally Posted by eu4ic1000 View Post
Ahhhhhhh yess "I didn't come here to watch you pet your dog." LOL that movie could almost be a parody of the riding criminal world. It is bright, colorful, and it keeps my attention I love the 5th gear wheelie in the begining too out of the Aprilia Mille! Maybe someday somebody will produce a good theater worthy movie. I have heard biker boys was better but I haven't seen it, still.
LOL..the main reason I watched it is to see if/how many bikes I could recognize.
The only one I didn't recognize was Shane's blue one, but according to the bike list and picture matching, it was a Triumph Daytona 600TT.

I like how it poked fun at F&F, even though FF managed to spawn several sequels and this managed (thank all that is good) NONE.

Them riding through all those dirt roads and trails also made me shake my head.
It was painfully obvious they were using those Paris-Dakar rally style bikes during those scenes...painfully obvious.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page