Wotcha Up To.... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 Old 02-15-2013, 4:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 144

Send a message via MSN to LoopyLee Send a message via Skype™ to LoopyLee
Wotcha Up To....

This weekend?

Sideshow Bob has a few chores this weekend.. He needs to drill a few holes for me to fix my daughters bed.. And then he's gonna help move a few bits of furniture round in our room.. And then he's gonna build a couple of new chest of drawers for our room.. And then he's got his clothes to sort out...

Me?? I shall be supervising to make sure it all goes to plan

What you leave behind is not what is engraved on stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

Blade Rider

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 02-15-2013, 6:24 PM

Reputation Power: 22

Re: Wotcha Up To....

Well let's just hope you are going to be making it up to him for all of that in some way or form.
LOL...if my g/f handed me a honey-do list, she might get one of her own handed to her as well.
post #3 of 35 Old 02-15-2013, 8:13 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

Gonna help a buddy rip the siding off the south side of his house and replace it with new on Saturday.
On Sunday, I'm riding!

Have a good weekend Loopy, take it easy on SSB!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 Old 02-15-2013, 11:19 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyLee View Post
This weekend?

Sideshow Bob has a few chores this weekend.. He needs to drill a few holes for me to fix my daughters bed.. And then he's gonna help move a few bits of furniture round in our room.. And then he's gonna build a couple of new chest of drawers for our room.. And then he's got his clothes to sort out...

Helping a mate put new carpet in his car.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #5 of 35 Old 02-15-2013, 11:41 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 270

Send a message via Skype™ to macca9540

Me, well I'm still packing the daughters furniture into the garage and trying to get some sort of space back in there after her parting from her
deadsh!t partner.
Also putting Zed up on stands and checking it over for our trek next weekend for the Phillip Island World Supers. I'm a tad dissapointed we can't go to Phillip Island but a 3 dayer up north will have to do.
Hav'nt been away for a while now so looking forward to it I can tell you.

Quote:
This weekend?

You must be talking about another Sideshow Bob Loopy, or you've drugged the poor buggar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
Gonna help a buddy rip the siding off the south side of his house and replace it with new on Saturday.
On Sunday, I'm riding!

Have a good weekend Loopy, take it easy on SSB!
Hope the weather's nice for you're ride jd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
Helping a mate put new carpet in his car.
GEEZ Larry! I hope its a moulded carpet. Doing it from scratch is a real barstard.

I was young and stupid then. I'm old and stupid now.
We get too soon old, and too late smart.
I started off with nothing and still have most of it left.
A closed mouth gathers no feet.
post #6 of 35 Old 02-16-2013, 12:03 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by macca9540 View Post
Me, well I'm still packing the daughters furniture into the garage and trying to get some sort of space back in there after her parting from her
deadsh!t partner.

GEEZ Larry! I hope its a moulded carpet. Doing it from scratch is a real barstard.
I've got a daughter that likes to get involved with deadbeats as well :-)
He gets out of jail again next week and we're expecting him to cause trouble as that's the only role he plays in society.

Yep, moulded carpet but it's only for licencing, then he wants to find some original vinyl for it. It's a '70 HT wagon he's been restoring.

Also got a few things left to finish on the GS1100GKE I've been rebuilding for him, hoping to licence the car and bike next week.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #7 of 35 Old 02-16-2013, 12:24 AM

Reputation Power: 59

Hoping to get some fork seals changed on a 2010 CRF450R that I picked up for my buddy. Got an awesome deal on it and an 02 CR125.

That and help him clean up some BMW 850i's that he has bought recently. I have the same car, so I can help him out quite a bit with them. Going to steal the wheels off of one of them, the one currently in the garage right now.

James Taylor
post #8 of 35 Old 02-16-2013, 1:32 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
I've got a daughter that likes to get involved with deadbeats as well :-)
He gets out of jail again next week and we're expecting him to cause trouble as that's the only role he plays in society..
Is this the same fella we conversed about a while back?
Oxygen theives my mate calls them.
My daughters ex was'nt as bad as that, just bone lazy, would'nt get or should I say could'nt get a job and as dumb as dogsh!t. Never gave any money towards the baby or Sarah and expected her to provide everything. All he left with was his TV, the rest Sarah bought.

Quote:
Yep, moulded carpet but it's only for licencing, then he wants to find some original vinyl for it. It's a '70 HT wagon he's been restoring..
Had a HK wagon and a HG panelvan back in the day. Good solid old girls they where.
Might be a tad hard to find original vinyl now would'nt it?

Quote:
Also got a few things left to finish on the GS1100GKE I've been rebuilding for him, hoping to licence the car and bike next week.
Sounds like he goes for the older stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazed View Post
Hoping to get some fork seals changed on a 2010 CRF450R that I picked up for my buddy. Got an awesome deal on it and an 02 CR125.

That and help him clean up some BMW 850i's that he has bought recently. I have the same car, so I can help him out quite a bit with them. Going to steal the wheels off of one of them, the one currently in the garage right now.
Borrow indefinitely sounds better Krazed.

post #9 of 35 Old 02-16-2013, 1:35 AM

Quote:
When I found out that this car had these wheels on it, I told him straight up I wanted them.

He buys and sells cars as a living, so he doesnt care if it sells with or without those wheels. They arent the exact ones I want, the sizing is off.

I help him out lots as it is, so he said "If you really want them, say it now and we can swap them out with something different"

James Taylor
post #10 of 35 Old 02-16-2013, 1:41 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazed View Post
When I found out that this car had these wheels on it, I told him straight up I wanted them.

He buys and sells cars as a living, so he doesnt care if it sells with or without those wheels. They arent the exact ones I want, the sizing is off.

I help him out lots as it is, so he said "If you really want them, say it now and we can swap them out with something different"
Way to go mate. Every one loves a bargain especially a free one at that.

post #11 of 35 Old 02-16-2013, 1:49 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Is this the same fella we conversed about a while back?
Oxygen theives my mate calls them.
My daughters ex was'nt as bad as that, just bone lazy, would'nt get or should I say could'nt get a job and as dumb as dogsh!t. Never gave any money towards the baby or Sarah and expected her to provide everything. All he left with was his TV, the rest Sarah bought.

Had a HK wagon and a HG panelvan back in the day. Good solid old girls they where.
Might be a tad hard to find original vinyl now would'nt it?

Sounds like he goes for the older stuff.

Yep, same wanker :-)
At least my kid is finally completely over him and wants nothing at all to do with him. But we've already heard that in jail he's telling people they're still together and she's waiting for him, which is why we're expecting trouble.

Mark had been looking for an all-original HT wagon for many years before he finally found this one in Victoria. The HT was only produced for one year so finding a wagon in good unmolested condition isn't easy. Biggest problem was that most of the floor pan was badly rusted through so he's had to cut it all out and weld new stuff in. Luckily Rare Spares make new panels for many of these old cars but it's still a big job to do. He wants it to be original but still 43 years old, even the paint :-)
Some original pieces are impossible to find these days but luckily a lot of it is the same as HG and HK. He's also building a 253 to put in it later on to finish it off.

While I was in Victoria last week I finally caught up with Ray Iken who has a very impressive collection of Aussie muscle cars - Chargers, P76's (including a Force7), Toranas, Falcons and such, many of them genuine ex Bathurst race cars and replicas. I had a private tour of his stunning collection :-) I'm not into cars at all but I have enormous respect for his incredible passion. Ray is married to Rose's cousin and Rose is very close to them.

post #12 of 35 Old 02-16-2013, 1:53 AM

Quote:
Way to go mate. Every one loves a bargain especially a free one at that.
This is why I dont mind helping people! I help him, and he helps me whenever I need it.

I have learnt a lot from helping him with cars.

James Taylor
post #13 of 35 Old 02-16-2013, 1:59 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Yep, same wanker :-)
At least my kid is finally completely over him and wants nothing at all to do with him. But we've already heard that in jail he's telling people they're still together and she's waiting for him, which is why we're expecting trouble..
Hope it all goes well mate.

Quote:
Mark had been looking for an all-original HT wagon for many years before he finally found this one in Victoria. The HT was only produced for one year so finding a wagon in good unmolested condition isn't easy. Biggest problem was that most of the floor pan was badly rusted through so he's had to cut it all out and weld new stuff in. Luckily Rare Spares make new panels for many of these old cars but it's still a big job to do. He wants it to be original but still 43 years old, even the paint :-)
Some original pieces are impossible to find these days but luckily a lot of it is the same as HG and HK. He's also building a 253 to put in it later on to finish it off.

While I was in Victoria last week I finally caught up with Ray Iken who has a very impressive collection of Aussie muscle cars - Chargers, P76's (including a Force7), Toranas, Falcons and such, many of them genuine ex Bathurst race cars and replicas. I had a private tour of his stunning collection :-) I'm not into cars at all but I have enormous respect for his incredible passion. Ray is married to Rose's cousin and Rose is very close to them.
Not many Force7's around. I saw one years ago, can't remember where but it was in original condition. They are rare thats for sure.
Sounds like a nice collection.

post #14 of 35 Old 02-17-2013, 9:47 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 144

Send a message via MSN to LoopyLee Send a message via Skype™ to LoopyLee

This didn't exactly go to plan... SSB went out on a job and I started the room, moving the furniture round, SSB got home from the job and I carried on with the room... And built the 2 chest of drawers..

...... And SSB played on the PS3

What you leave behind is not what is engraved on stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

Blade Rider

post #15 of 35 Old 02-17-2013, 9:51 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
This didn't exactly go to plan... SSB went out on a job and I started the room, moving the furniture round, SSB got home from the job and I carried on with the room... And built the 2 chest of drawers..

...... And SSB played on the PS3

Sounds like it went to Bob's plan instead of yours ;-)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page