Battlefield 4 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 10-10-2013, 5:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 113

Battlefield 4

Any players on here? Is it worth setting up a squad?

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 10-10-2013, 8:21 AM

Reputation Power: 26

Re: Battlefield 4

I am. Pretty fun game but I will admit, I suck really bad. Typically spend most of the game on buildings sniping at people because I like messing with the bullet drop..

BTW I play on PC.
post #3 of 23 Old 10-10-2013, 8:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper View Post
Typically spend most of the game on buildings sniping at people because I like messing with the bullet drop..

You're one of THOSE players

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 10-10-2013, 8:59 AM

Reputation Power: 26

Hey now! I do a good deal of spotting of stuff and help the team greatly... Haha
I do a fair amount of running around with the ak too but I am waiting to unlock the scar and get impatient.
post #5 of 23 Old 10-10-2013, 9:31 AM

Reputation Power: 8

Downloaded it last night.. Not really big on shooters these days typically waste time building/racing/tuning cars on Forza Motorsports lol anyway Bweb1234 is my gamertag hit me up and we can play!

Honda is probably all I know! 2005 Civic Si, 2002 CBR 954!
post #6 of 23 Old 10-10-2013, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper View Post
Hey now! I do a good deal of spotting of stuff and help the team greatly... Haha
I do a fair amount of running around with the ak too but I am waiting to unlock the scar and get impatient.
I've always thought 99% of recon players give the rest a bad name They do have their uses if they're being played right, but most players just seem to think it's a synonym for "sniper" and just hang out on the rooftops. Still, they're easy knife kills as they tend to be ADS most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan1444 View Post
Downloaded it last night.. Not really big on shooters these days typically waste time building/racing/tuning cars on Forza Motorsports lol anyway Bweb1234 is my gamertag hit me up and we can play!
A fellow 360 player I'll add you in.

post #7 of 23 Old 10-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky91 View Post
I've always thought 99% of recon players give the rest a bad name They do have their uses if they're being played right, but most players just seem to think it's a synonym for "sniper" and just hang out on the rooftops.

A fellow 360 player I'll add you in.

I don't play the game but I don't see a problem with snipers or "campers". Just as in a real situation, it's up to you to use whatever tactics are required to deal with whatever threat you are facing. If you're playing with teams then ensure you have your own overwatch element in place to protect your team.

I haven't played online shooters for many, many years simply because running around spraying ridiculous amounts of ammunition at the landscape doesn't do anything for me. BF2 when I tried it was shoot, die, spawn, shoot, die, spawn, etc - boring! CoD2 was better but perhaps they were just a different type of player. I am looking forward to ARMA3 but not for mulitplayer.

I'm more into flight sims and HSFX7 for IL2 was released this morning, so much more satisfying than shooters :-)

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #8 of 23 Old 10-10-2013, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
I don't play the game but I don't see a problem with snipers or "campers". Just as in a real situation, it's up to you to use whatever tactics are required to deal with whatever threat you are facing. If you're playing with teams then ensure you have your own overwatch element in place to protect your team.
When 80% of your team is camping on top of the skyscraper and not going for the other objectives, then it just sucks. And those mofos who take the helicopters from the spawn just for quicker access to a roof need to have their arms removed. I'd love to see the Recon class eliminated totally.

The Battlefield games are supposed to be more about teamwork, with CoD being the "run around and kill people as quick as possible". Too many players take the CoD mentality to Battlefield though.

post #9 of 23 Old 10-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
When 80% of your team is camping on top of the skyscraper and not going for the other objectives, then it just sucks. And those mofos who take the helicopters from the spawn just for quicker access to a roof need to have their arms removed. I'd love to see the Recon class eliminated totally.

If the players aren't interested in going after the objectives then there is something wrong with the game.
Can't you set the server up to not allow helicopters or the Recon class?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #10 of 23 Old 10-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
The Battlefield games are supposed to be more about teamwork, with CoD being the "run around and kill people as quick as possible". Too many players take the CoD mentality to Battlefield though.

CoD4 and 5 were the last ones that were even close to being "games". After that they became "movies" with zero gameplay to them. BF2 was my first experience of the "online shooter mentality" where the players weren't interested in actually playing the game, they were only interested in getting big scores.
Multiplayer would work better if you could turn off the spawning so the players actually have a reason to use their brain while playing. If you get killed and have to wait ten minutes until the mission ends then you might be a bit more circumspect :-)

post #11 of 23 Old 10-10-2013, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Multiplayer would work better if you could turn off the spawning so the players actually have a reason to use their brain while playing. If you get killed and have to wait ten minutes until the mission ends then you might be a bit more circumspect :-)

There is a hardcore mode.

Overview from another site:
  • Kills: If you're new to HC the first thing you'll probably do is die. And then die again, and again, and again. Lower health means that you are way more susceptible to even stray bullets and there is a much higher penalty for straying into the enemies' field of fire. I'm not saying that death doesn't happen in vanilla mode but you are probably going to die faster more often than you would normally expect. On the flip side kills can be much easier to get if you play smart. Positioning yourself and knowing/predicting where the enemy is going is just as important (if not more) than being able to line up that headshot or having that “twitch” reaction speed.
  • Gun control: put it simply, controlling your gun/recoil is not as important in HC. If you see an enemy often times you can simply “light ‘em up” with a burst of full auto and you’ll get the kill. This can lead to developing bad habits of “spray and pray” versus bursting your weapon and aiming for the head. However, just because you CAN do something doesn’t mean you should. Whether you’re playing normal or hardcore, precise accurate burst will be rewarded with kills. It’s simply that in HC it’s not always necessary.
  • Gun balance: “Hardcore is unbalanced!” Often this is a major gripe of people who are not big fans of hardcore mode. And in some cases they are correct cough cough bolt action snipers cough. However, in normal, there are several weapons that absolutely dominate in most situations (m16a3 being culprit #1). However, with reduced health, each weapon is deadly and has the capability of being absolute beasts. In HC, the weapon doesn’t matter as much as the person using it. If you’re just starting try hardcore then I’d encourage you to dust off some of those unused guns and giving them a whirl. You may find yourself really enjoying weapons that normally would not see the light of day. Despite this, bolt action snipers are not quite balanced as one-shot-kill capabilities in the right hands can be devastating. BUT, with reduced health and a relatively accurate gun (G3A3 or anything with a bipod for example) you can counter snipe quite easily since the sniper’s lens flare give’s their position away. As for those aggressive snipers who use holo/iron sights, they are taking a gamble similar to a pump shotgun in CQC (They get one shot to put you down and if they miss…).
-No health regen: The lack of regenerating health really puts an emphasis on actively engaging with your teammates and really makes engineers and medics vital to keeping your team in the fight. This also means that being an engineer is practically a requirement for getting in a vehicle. This could be viewed in either a good or bad light depending on your personal beliefs regarding vehicles.
-No HUD: This basically means that there are no cross hairs and no ammo counter/firing mode indicator. The reasoning behind this is probably just to help with immersion (you don’t have an ammo counter or crosshairs in RL). The only huge difference this makes is that you need to be aware just how much ammo you go through. Also my one big gripe is that hip-firing with a shotgun can really be a pain with no crosshair.
-No 3d spotting: This is HUGE, especially with regards to smoke grenades and with flying jets. Normally when you spot and enemy, a small orange triangle (or vehicle icon) will appear above them. In HC, they only show up on the mini map. The first result of this is that the mini map becomes your bestest buddy in the whole wide world of battlefield. You should already be pretty close with it when playing normal, but without 3d spotting it becomes your main tool for getting to know what’s going on around you. In addition, smoke, whether from a mortar or an m320, becomes an extremely valuable tool, whether you need some cover to arm those MComs or revive your buddy, you can pop smoke knowing that the enemy can’t know your exact position and just blast you from under your Dorito. However, for avid jet/copter flyboys (like myself), the lack of 3d spotting is going to make doing those long range missile runs much more tricky. Meaning you have to get closer to spot enemy armor and thus expose yourself to AA more. If you like flying, I’d recommend sticking to normal.
-No kill cam: pretty self-explanatory. No longer do you need to worry about the people you just killed knowing exactly where you are/where you are going. Some may say that this encourages camping (or that HC in general encourages camping). In my experience, there are actually not anymore campers than there are in normal (which is usually pretty few). But, if you want to insist that HC is nothing but a camp fest, then that’s your opinion and while I disagree, I won’t say camping is nonexistent.
-Squad-leader only spawning: This means that the squad leader plays a much more important role in squad-based fighting. If you are squad leader you should try and not do any really risky maneuvers and should probably stay a bit back and out of the fight so your mates can spawn on you. The only real problem with this is that there isn’t a great indicator of whether or not you are the squad leader. Often players won’t realize that they are the SL and go off and die before anyone else can spawn on them. (Also if you’re a squad leader please don’t get in a single passenger vehicle unless you plan to ditch it. It pretty much makes the squad useless).
-friendly fire: you are going to get team killed. you are going to kill your teammates. Both are simple facts of hardcore mode. It doesn't matter how careful you are, it is going to happen. Don't get angry about it just realize that whoever killed you probably didn't mean to do it. If your coming from normal mode this could take some time to get used to as there isn't FF. Just watch where you shoot and try not to run in front of people's lines of fire. If there is a teammate letting rip with his LMG, and you dart in front of him, you can't expect him to not shoot you. If you accidentally kill a teammate always try and apologize over chat (even if it wasn't your fault. It just helps avoid drama).
-no 3rd person view in vehicles: This isn't a huge difference. I suppose if you like to use the 3rd person view to peek over walls or spot infantry then you'll have to adjust. The people who will be most affected by this are, once again, the jet flyers. I know in normal using 3rd person to keep track of an enemy during a dogfight is standard practice.

post #12 of 23 Old 10-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
There is a hardcore mode. No respawning. Once you're dead, you have to wait for everyone else to die before the next round. There's only about 1% of players who seem to play that mode, but people WORK as a group.

So I assume as a recon hater you play on those hardcore servers?

post #13 of 23 Old 10-10-2013, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
So I assume as a recon hater you play on those hardcore servers?
Sometimes. Most of the time it's regular conquest or assault though.

post #14 of 23 Old 10-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
There is a hardcore mode.

Overview from another site:
  • Kills: If you're new to HC the first thing you'll probably do is die. And then die again, and again, and again. Lower health means that you are way more susceptible to even stray bullets and there is a much higher penalty for straying into the enemies' field of fire. I'm not saying that death doesn't happen in vanilla mode but you are probably going to die faster more often than you would normally expect. On the flip side kills can be much easier to get if you play smart. Positioning yourself and knowing/predicting where the enemy is going is just as important (if not more) than being able to line up that headshot or having that “twitch” reaction speed.
  • Gun control: put it simply, controlling your gun/recoil is not as important in HC. If you see an enemy often times you can simply “light ‘em up” with a burst of full auto and you’ll get the kill. This can lead to developing bad habits of “spray and pray” versus bursting your weapon and aiming for the head. However, just because you CAN do something doesn’t mean you should. Whether you’re playing normal or hardcore, precise accurate burst will be rewarded with kills. It’s simply that in HC it’s not always necessary.
  • Gun balance: “Hardcore is unbalanced!” Often this is a major gripe of people who are not big fans of hardcore mode. And in some cases they are correct cough cough bolt action snipers cough. However, in normal, there are several weapons that absolutely dominate in most situations (m16a3 being culprit #1). However, with reduced health, each weapon is deadly and has the capability of being absolute beasts. In HC, the weapon doesn’t matter as much as the person using it. If you’re just starting try hardcore then I’d encourage you to dust off some of those unused guns and giving them a whirl. You may find yourself really enjoying weapons that normally would not see the light of day. Despite this, bolt action snipers are not quite balanced as one-shot-kill capabilities in the right hands can be devastating. BUT, with reduced health and a relatively accurate gun (G3A3 or anything with a bipod for example) you can counter snipe quite easily since the sniper’s lens flare give’s their position away. As for those aggressive snipers who use holo/iron sights, they are taking a gamble similar to a pump shotgun in CQC (They get one shot to put you down and if they miss…).
-No health regen: The lack of regenerating health really puts an emphasis on actively engaging with your teammates and really makes engineers and medics vital to keeping your team in the fight. This also means that being an engineer is practically a requirement for getting in a vehicle. This could be viewed in either a good or bad light depending on your personal beliefs regarding vehicles.
-No HUD: This basically means that there are no cross hairs and no ammo counter/firing mode indicator. The reasoning behind this is probably just to help with immersion (you don’t have an ammo counter or crosshairs in RL). The only huge difference this makes is that you need to be aware just how much ammo you go through. Also my one big gripe is that hip-firing with a shotgun can really be a pain with no crosshair.
-No 3d spotting: This is HUGE, especially with regards to smoke grenades and with flying jets. Normally when you spot and enemy, a small orange triangle (or vehicle icon) will appear above them. In HC, they only show up on the mini map. The first result of this is that the mini map becomes your bestest buddy in the whole wide world of battlefield. You should already be pretty close with it when playing normal, but without 3d spotting it becomes your main tool for getting to know what’s going on around you. In addition, smoke, whether from a mortar or an m320, becomes an extremely valuable tool, whether you need some cover to arm those MComs or revive your buddy, you can pop smoke knowing that the enemy can’t know your exact position and just blast you from under your Dorito. However, for avid jet/copter flyboys (like myself), the lack of 3d spotting is going to make doing those long range missile runs much more tricky. Meaning you have to get closer to spot enemy armor and thus expose yourself to AA more. If you like flying, I’d recommend sticking to normal.
-No kill cam: pretty self-explanatory. No longer do you need to worry about the people you just killed knowing exactly where you are/where you are going. Some may say that this encourages camping (or that HC in general encourages camping). In my experience, there are actually not anymore campers than there are in normal (which is usually pretty few). But, if you want to insist that HC is nothing but a camp fest, then that’s your opinion and while I disagree, I won’t say camping is nonexistent.
-Squad-leader only spawning: This means that the squad leader plays a much more important role in squad-based fighting. If you are squad leader you should try and not do any really risky maneuvers and should probably stay a bit back and out of the fight so your mates can spawn on you. The only real problem with this is that there isn’t a great indicator of whether or not you are the squad leader. Often players won’t realize that they are the SL and go off and die before anyone else can spawn on them. (Also if you’re a squad leader please don’t get in a single passenger vehicle unless you plan to ditch it. It pretty much makes the squad useless).
-friendly fire: you are going to get team killed. you are going to kill your teammates. Both are simple facts of hardcore mode. It doesn't matter how careful you are, it is going to happen. Don't get angry about it just realize that whoever killed you probably didn't mean to do it. If your coming from normal mode this could take some time to get used to as there isn't FF. Just watch where you shoot and try not to run in front of people's lines of fire. If there is a teammate letting rip with his LMG, and you dart in front of him, you can't expect him to not shoot you. If you accidentally kill a teammate always try and apologize over chat (even if it wasn't your fault. It just helps avoid drama).
-no 3rd person view in vehicles: This isn't a huge difference. I suppose if you like to use the 3rd person view to peek over walls or spot infantry then you'll have to adjust. The people who will be most affected by this are, once again, the jet flyers. I know in normal using 3rd person to keep track of an enemy during a dogfight is standard practice.

That is all pretty much why I never got into too many shooters - not many people can take numerous hits and stay on mission! I really enjoyed the early Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six series, they were tough missions :-)

And so many people go on and on about how accurately the weapons are represented...in games that allow health regeneration and 3D viewing????? - I bet guys in Afghanistan wish they had those ;-)

post #15 of 23 Old 10-10-2013, 3:06 PM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 122

Garage

Quote:
And so many people go on and on about how accurately the weapons are represented...in games that allow health regeneration and 3D viewing????? - I bet guys in Afghanistan wish they had those ;-)
I hear the same thing when I play paintball, how "real" it is. Except without the blood and death and all.I bet guys in Afghanistan wish they could go to IN 'N Out after being "killed" 6 times that day.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page