Does anyone here Vape? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 04-06-2014, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 176

Does anyone here Vape?

Alrighty folks,
Here is a little background and sort of a confessional....don't judge me

I used to smoke, a lot, then for some reason I switched to chew. Living in rural wisconsin it was a social norm to do so. After years of chewing, and the occasional smoke, I wanted to quit so badly. But every time I did I failed. Horribly. The patch, the gum , the lozenge, etc... nothing worked.
I had quit several times for about 6 mo. each time. But fell off the wagon. About a year ago I quit again, cold turkey, for a few months. And the first week was hell. I was a bastard to be around and really was miserable. It slowly got better but again, life and stress pushed my weak self back to the chew.
About 3 weeks ago I had a conversation with a fellow whilst visiting a fancy head shop. He explained to me that my nicotine intake from one dip was about 5-8 cigarettes and that my quitting strategies were designed for smokers, and I hadn't planned properly (as in I was following directions for a pack-a-week smoker, and it was more like 3 pack a day with the amount of chew I was going through)
So...he introduced me to Vaping. Starting off with the strongest liquid (Highest nic content) and said that eventually working my way down the chain to 0 nic. all flavor, would be my success.
Its been 3 weeks since I've had a dip. I can feel the inside of my mouth healing. I had developed a "pouch" on my right side where I frequently parked my dips so to be inconspicuous. And the skin would peel there constantly. No more canker sores (I don't mean to be graphic) and the Vaping doesn't stain my teeth or smell like anything.
No lingering smells or tastes or bits stuck in my teeth. Fresh breath, whiter teeth, cleaner feeling mouth, not feeling dehydrated anymore.

I know I am still addicted to nicotine and I'm putting that in my body, but I've also noticed I can go hours without a vape when before I had to have a dip in all day (unless I was eating or exercising, but would pop one in immediately after)
I feel better, I feel that maybe this will actually work? I hope so. I am really tired of the other. I am tired of trying to hide it from my kids, from my wife, from people in general. I am tired of always having to worry about where my can of chew is and will I have enough for the day or should I buy another just in case. And not to mention the money. Spending so much on chew every week, so far I've spent less than $50 and still have enough supplies for at least another month with the E-Go, pro-tank & liquid.
This is working for me, I just wanted to know if anyone else out there has switched and what it has done for them?

I feel the most alive when I am close to death....

'01 Kawasaki ZR7-S (Naomi...Sold)
'07 Suzuki SV650 (Suzy...Sold)
'02 RC51 (Holly...RIP)
'02 CBR954RR (Elektra....Sold)
'11 ZX6R (Fiona...Sold)
'02 RC51 (Eleanor...My Baby)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 04-06-2014, 1:21 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Does anyone here Vape?

yep, ive not had a smoke since oct last year... just hopeing we dont find out some terrible new health risk from vaping!-0 my teeth are white and my breath is fresh, just gotta keep them pipes charged lol.
post #3 of 21 Old 04-06-2014, 4:12 PM Thread Starter

congrats!
That is the exact problem I am having. I bought my first set up from a headshop so it was a cheap knockoff. I got an ego style battery 1100 with a cheap clearomizer. That failed me after 2 days so he replaced it and then I bought a 1300 so I'd always have one charged. Well, the 1100 he replaced for me doesn't fire, at all, and my 1300 ran dry mid-day, I was stranded and almost...almost bought some chew to get me through. Luckily I summoned every bit of willpower I had not to and just suffered till I got home and charged the 1300 for 4 freakin' hours. My 1300 has been steady, but the charge times kill me and that bastard at the headshop said he wouldn't trade me again because its something I'm doing wrong (It's not, its just cheap ass batteries being passed as brand name)
So I am playing with the idea of getting into rebuild-ables just because I want one unit with interchangeable batteries that I can have a handful of them charged. No more being left with nothing and having to wait hours and hours with the temptation to buy a can of chew in the meantime. You know how it is..."Ill buy just this one then throw it out as soon as the batteries are charged...." Yeah...that's how I've fallen before....
Anywho, do you have any experience with Mods and/or rebuilables? I don't need to blow vapors like Pompeii but I would like a good delivery with decent throat hit (though I only inhale once in a while, most absorption is in the mouth/nasal) and a good battery life. I think the Rebuildables use like an 1800 battery or something. Also, I don't think I want to lug around a huge ass piece that looks like a lightsaber (saw one of those too....might get one as my "House Only" puffer...lol)
Sorry for the rant lol

'02 RC51 (Holly...RIP)
'11 ZX6R (Fiona...Sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 04-06-2014, 5:21 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Garage

My Momma always told me not to be a quitter...

I've heard of issues with the e-cigs, not sure about the vaping though... I'll keep smoking till I don't feel like it. Once I want to quit, key there is wanting to do so I think, I'll quit. I'm strong willed, smoked like 2 cigs a day for a week just because I didn't feel like smoking for some reason...

I do wish you luck though. I'll keep my eye out for any health articles about vaping that I see and pass them along to you via here or facebook!

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #5 of 21 Old 04-07-2014, 4:02 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

Two words: Cold Turkey.
That's the mans way to do it.
I know, easier said than done. It may take a few tries.
That's how I stopped in 1989 after 12 years of smoking. Quit for about 20 years. Then smoked again from 2009 till June 15, 2011. I quit cold turkey again, (after about three tries) and haven't smoked since.

The key for me was knowing how badly I wanted to STOP smoking, and how sh!tty I would feel if I lit up. I just couldn't bear that feeling that I had failed and lit up again.

Oh, and think of the thousands of dollars you are giving to The Marlboro Man - for what? To slowly kill you - one cig at a time?
F that!!!
post #6 of 21 Old 04-07-2014, 4:08 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

^ Ok, that had nothing to do with vaping.
Put all that silly crap to the side, and just stop.

I know you can do it W_F, you have a beautiful family that needs you in good health, you know they would be VERY happy if you can kick it altogether.
post #7 of 21 Old 04-07-2014, 8:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Jondog
I did the cold turkey thing twice, my god was I a mean motherfu*ker for the first few weeks, but I did it.
This time around, I am going to quit, but slowly. I have already begun mixing the juice to the next step down. My goal is within the next 6 months to be free 100%. no vape either.
Gotta say though, spending 10 bucks on a bottle of juice that is the equivalent of 3 cartons of cigs is a nice way to view the $$$ saving aspect
Anywho, thanks for the support brother!

'02 RC51 (Holly...RIP)
'11 ZX6R (Fiona...Sold)
post #8 of 21 Old 12-03-2014, 2:29 PM

Reputation Power: 8

So how'd it go then W_F?

I've some reasons to really start kicking the habit. The missus aunt has recently been diagnosed with the Big C due to smoking so want to quit for her, especially after seeing what it can do to you.

Picked up a vape a few months ago to start cutting down but think i'll need to move straight over to just the vape pretty soon. definitely need to invest in a second battery though. lol.

What strength did you end up starting on then?
post #9 of 21 Old 12-03-2014, 2:35 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 270

Send a message via Skype™ to macca9540

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrherms View Post
So how'd it go then W_F?

I've some reasons to really start kicking the habit. The missus aunt has recently been diagnosed with the Big C due to smoking so want to quit for her, especially after seeing what it can do to you.

Picked up a vape a few months ago to start cutting down but think i'll need to move straight over to just the vape pretty soon. definitely need to invest in a second battery though. lol.

What strength did you end up starting on then?
Sadly w_f is no longer with us cbrherms. RIP Dustin.

I was young and stupid then. I'm old and stupid now.
We get too soon old, and too late smart.
I started off with nothing and still have most of it left.
A closed mouth gathers no feet.
post #10 of 21 Old 12-03-2014, 3:38 PM

Reputation Power: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by macca9540 View Post
Sadly w_f is no longer with us cbrherms. RIP Dustin.
Oh, really sorry to hear that RIP pal
post #11 of 21 Old 06-14-2015, 7:40 PM

I haven't smoked for two years since vaping. From trial and error with many different setups I've found a mech mod plus a kayfun(Russian 91) to be pretty bulletproof and gives the best flavor. The 18650 batteries last forever, and being a chain vaper I get around 3 to 4 days off of one charge.
post #12 of 21 Old 06-27-2015, 1:23 PM

I've had some success with vaping, but it's still too early to tell ... still have the occasional smoke. Definitely feels healthier.
post #13 of 21 Old 06-27-2015, 7:30 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

ive been analog free for about 4 months now after being a 2 pack a day smoker for 17 years.

i started with the highest nicotine content i could find, 36mg. im now at 0mg. i just slowly n steadily dropped a few mg's of nicotine every week or so.

i can tell a huge difference in my lung health within the first few weeks. before when i would breath deep it was obvious i had a lot of muck in my lungs from the wheezing and smokers cough. now my breathing is free and easy. after the first couple months i could tell my sense of smell and taste were returning. my blood pressure was close to high enough to need medication. i went to the dr last week and my blood pressure is now spot on normal and my heart rate has decreased slightly as well.

i know there are some naysayers that believe vaping is as bad for your health as smoking but i find that very hard to believe. based on my own health observations and the fact that there are only 3-4 ingredients in vapor compared to the 4000 chemicals in cigarettes. i think there are a lot of people loosing money because of the ecig boom and these are likely the people spreading lies about its health risks compared to traditional cigarettes. ive seen lots of claims about studies done saying they are as bad but not once have i seen any factual data from any of these claims showing the actual findings. its my opinion the only thing you should be putting in your lungs really is air. however, i feel this is a much safer alternative to traditional smokes and further more if you are like me trying to quite after a long time smoking, this can be a very effective way to do so and actually have success.

just a little word to the newb. if your going to try this its my advice to get a decent setup. those throw away ecigs or those cheap smoke shop devices are junk. youll likely form a poor opinion of the method if thats all you try. to do this and be successful will take some investment initially. of course smoking cigarettes is a huge cost wherever you live. vaping is much cheaper after you get a good setup.

ive tried a ton of different devices and juice suppliers as well. heres my advice on what to get.

ive found a awesome mod or battery to use that has great versatility is the eleaf istick. im using the 30 watt version. it last most of the day but can be charged while using it to vape.

the kanger subtalk mini is my best tank. it fits the battery perfectly and isnt huge like some mech mods or other box mods. the tank is simple in its design. never leaks a drop and is the easiest tank to fill, rebuild, clean, put back together. if got some tanks that are 3 times as expensive that dont work as well and are ten times more complicated to mess with. the subtank is simple simple simple.

together youre looking at about 65$ for the tank and the battery. those starter kits are typically 50$ and are an ego style pen setup that just doesnt perform anything near what the subtank coupled with the istick 30 do. not even the same ball park. i was confused about all the different stuff and styles so initially i bought a starter kit from kanger. it did get me off the analog but left me kinda struggling to be satisfied simply because they dont produce much vapor and are more hastle in the long run.

so my point is dont get pen style starter kit. get a decent tank and battery.

my next advice is subjective but concerns juice. dont buy at your local gas station or premixed junk at your local smoke shop. if you have a vapor store and its a good one it might be worth while checking out but for me i buy online. ive tried a ton of different flavors from all the top recommended sites. for me if your looking for a cigarette replacement tobacco flavor go to heathers heavenly vapors and get the dark horse. it doesnt really taste like a burning cigarette. nothing does. what ive found tho is most, even highly recommended, cigarette flavored juice tastes like that awful perfume 16 year old girls drown themselves in before the school dance. hhv dark horse is not like that. its a nice mellow tobacco ish flavor. not like cigarettes but not like the aforementioned flavor most have. its good stuff. like i said i tried many many different flavors and vendors and that flavor is good. not the cheapest but not the most expensive. about middle row on costs. try it n youll like it. specially if all youve been using is gas station junk.

good luck on your venture and im open to anyone elses advice as well!!

"love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle."-Hunter S. Thompson
post #14 of 21 Old 06-27-2015, 9:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Garage

I miss Dusty and all of his advice =( RIP Brother.

I quit smoking for six weeks by vaping at one point. It does work very well, as Kevin said, as long as you have a decent setup to use.

The "non-healthy" version of vaping actually does exist. The typical juice and mods are fine, it is the ones created by the tabacco companies (MarkTen, Blu, etc.) that have actually been proven to be just as bad or worse for you than the cigs themselves... Interesting information I thought...

Anyway, considering picking up the vape habit again soon. Quit because a personal situation came up with the wife, who also had quit smoking with me, and she broke down and had to have a real cig..... so endeth the vaping for both of us lol. I still have a dripper as well as the regular tanked ecigs to go back to when I am ready... I think I am just about ready too =)

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #15 of 21 Old 06-29-2015, 9:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 98

I hope Dustys fam is well......wonder if they came back to Canada??

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page