50:1 echo mix in push mower :) +10 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 05-21-2014, 1:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 35

50:1 echo mix in push mower :) +10

I was mowing and ran out of my regular 87pump gas. I had new gallon weedeater gas. So i ran a tank to keep mowing.
This is a 22" cut mulcher 3.5hp made many many years hard life :-) but always has ran great. The grass was high 6-8 inches and weeds too...

The 50:1 gas RAN!!!! HARD like a diesel... After it ran on it for just a min you couldnt slow it down like it was on nitrous!!! Lol i never ever had any gas run like that in a mower even with throttle tied open.

Itll stay runnung with NO spark plug wire connected! No bullcrap!
I kill the mower usually with kicking the plug wire off but not running on 50:1 you dont she was popping on compression alone lmao i couldnt believe it. Running STRONG im gonna try it in other hard load gas engines. Plug burn was clean

The only reason im posting this is cause im still at awe at how it acted on echo blend mix

Echo must put some kind of octane boosting aditive or something in the 2cycle oil?

Rubber side down, One wheel to the sky for those who we won't forget. R.I.P homies miss you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 05-21-2014, 3:47 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: 50:1 echo mix in push mower :) +10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 900rrHonda View Post
I was mowing and ran out of my regular 87pump gas. I had new gallon weedeater gas. So i ran a tank to keep mowing.
This is a 22" cut mulcher 3.5hp made many many years hard life :-) but always has ran great. The grass was high 6-8 inches and weeds too...

The 50:1 gas RAN!!!! HARD like a diesel... After it ran on it for just a min you couldnt slow it down like it was on nitrous!!! Lol i never ever had any gas run like that in a mower even with throttle tied open.

Itll stay runnung with NO spark plug wire connected! No bullcrap!
I kill the mower usually with kicking the plug wire off but not running on 50:1 you dont she was popping on compression alone lmao i couldnt believe it. Running STRONG im gonna try it in other hard load gas engines. Plug burn was clean

The only reason im posting this is cause im still at awe at how it acted on echo blend mix

Echo must put some kind of octane boosting aditive or something in the 2cycle oil?

Two-stroke will run on straight petrol with no oil, but it won't run for long :-)
Maybe the combustion chamber was so hot it was pre-igniting?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 18 Old 05-21-2014, 3:18 PM Thread Starter

Yea it was firing on hot compression. Plug burn looked good. And she still runs good on reg gas.
But with the 50:1 didnt matter how high the grass it was muching it up. Unlike reg gas where id have to slow down my push pace.

I'm gonna try and run it for rest of summer on 2smoke fuel see how it does. The amount of power gain for that echo mix fuel was deffinately worth the extra dollar a gallon. :-)

Its worth a try if your mower likes to slow down when cutting grass.

Rubber side down, One wheel to the sky for those who we won't forget. R.I.P homies miss you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 05-21-2014, 4:15 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

I can't imagine that briggs and stratton taking too much more of that. You know those engines have pretty lax tolerances, wouldn't be surprised if you blow that sucker!
post #5 of 18 Old 05-21-2014, 7:13 PM
Global Moderator

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by 900rrHonda View Post
Yea it was firing on hot compression. Plug burn looked good. And she still runs good on reg gas.
But with the 50:1 didnt matter how high the grass it was muching it up. Unlike reg gas where id have to slow down my push pace.

I'm gonna try and run it for rest of summer on 2smoke fuel see how it does. The amount of power gain for that echo mix fuel was deffinately worth the extra dollar a gallon. :-)

Its worth a try if your mower likes to slow down when cutting grass.

Yes, two-strokes make more power as you lean off the oil mix...until it melts a hole in the piston.
I have non idea what an Echo mix is, but you would get the same results by pre-mixing your own fuel.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #6 of 18 Old 05-22-2014, 6:42 AM

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 122

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
I can't imagine that briggs and stratton taking too much more of that. You know those engines have pretty lax tolerances, wouldn't be surprised if you blow that sucker!
You'd be surprised. I never raced the B&S class, but there's a Briggs and Stratten class in Kart racing that runs alcohol and gets around 10HP out of the 5HP Briggs and Strattens, and they run forever, unlike my 100cc 2-stroke that made around 18HP.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli
post #7 of 18 Old 05-22-2014, 6:48 AM

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 122

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
Yes, two-strokes make more power as you lean off the oil mix...until it melts a hole in the piston.
I have non idea what an Echo mix is, but you would get the same results by pre-mixing your own fuel.
I think he means Echo brand, Echo is a manufacturer of garden equipment, blowers weedwackers, chainsaws, etc. 50:1 is not that lean with quality mixes, I wouldn't tempt going any leaner though. I ran that lean in my dirt bikes and Jet Skiis for years. Still do in my weedwacker and chainsaw. I only ran the highest quality pre-mixes though.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli
post #8 of 18 Old 05-27-2014, 1:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
Mower isnt a two stroke. Its regular 3.5 gas engine.

Echo you know like weedeaters? They have their own special oil to blend with gas. And i mix my own fuel.

Mower still runs Strong on the twostroke gas. Or regular fuel.

post #9 of 18 Old 05-27-2014, 1:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj1200rj View Post
You'd be surprised. I never raced the B&S class, but there's a Briggs and Stratten class in Kart racing that runs alcohol and gets around 10HP out of the 5HP Briggs and Strattens, and they run forever, unlike my 100cc 2-stroke that made around 18HP.
iv played alot with lil briggs motors. Id say their stronger last longer than a honda motor.
Iv owned Honda version of mower. Ran good but didnt last 5yrs.
Briggs on the other hand lol they just keep going. Even on nitrous!
Look at the small alcohol drags with small kids. They start as 5hp briggs. By time all done make close to 15-18hp on some.

Dang 18hp from 100cc. Nice man! Whts it cost to over haul each season

post #10 of 18 Old 05-27-2014, 1:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj1200rj View Post
I think he means Echo brand, Echo is a manufacturer of garden equipment, blowers weedwackers, chainsaws, etc. 50:1 is not that lean with quality mixes, I wouldn't tempt going any leaner though. I ran that lean in my dirt bikes and Jet Skiis for years. Still do in my weedwacker and chainsaw. I only ran the highest quality pre-mixes though.
^ yuup ^
Echo voids 5yr warranty.if i use anyother oil in fuel. I had one tank of fuel and i could tell the difference in power between echo oil and pro line.
50:1 is what my echo equiptment calls for. Chainsaw runs 40:1 my old cr500 think i ran it like 32:1 and ran real good.
But echo says 50:1 is great for it.

Either way the lawnmower really likes running on it. Buts its a expensive alternative. 6.50 a gallon 3.50 gas + 3.00 oil mix.. So wont be cutting all year like this. Only when grass is high and i need the extra cutting power.

Still think echo has to add a octane booster or something. Or you think the oil made it ignite under pressure causeing motor to run with no spark? And run like a diesel.
Only way i could kill it was by shutting down air supply.. She was running away :-)

post #11 of 18 Old 05-27-2014, 2:26 PM

I'm trying to figure out how you get more power from a fuel that now has a higher ignition point than the fuel the motor was designed for. Maybe the oily gas is sealing the rings a little better giving you higher compression. Because it takes higher compression to cleanly burn a higher octane (you suggested that your Echo has octane booster). Just because you put higher octane than your engine calls for, doesn't automatically give you more power. It WILL give you more carbon (unburnt fuel) in the entire exhaust system starting at the exhaust port. At least that's how I understand it.
post #12 of 18 Old 05-27-2014, 2:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
I'm trying to figure out how you get more power from a fuel that now has a higher ignition point than the fuel the motor was designed for. Maybe the oily gas is sealing the rings a little better giving you higher compression. Because it takes higher compression to cleanly burn a higher octane (you suggested that your Echo has octane booster). Just because you put higher octane than your engine calls for, doesn't automatically give you more power. It WILL give you more carbon (unburnt fuel) in the entire exhaust system starting at the exhaust port. At least that's how I understand it.
Well i said maybe has higher octane? Or the oil is causeing the lower ignition point?
I wouldnt think just bein 50:1 would make it seal rings better and make more compression.?
Ya usually higher octane does mean need more comp to ignite and burn clean. Echo is putting something to make a better bang. They gotta be. Id like to think. Other two stroke oil dont run nearly as good. In saw or weedeater. Or mower??
Still tryin wrap head around fully why exactly it runs so much stronger and better with the mix gas vs regular gas..?
It does infact run with no spark after like 30seconds of running. :-)

post #13 of 18 Old 05-27-2014, 5:24 PM

defying explanation: some things just are...

I bet you're right 900, probably something in the Echo to help get a clean hot burn.
Someone mentioned Redline. I know Redline to be one of the top 2stroke synthetic oils out there. My jetski buddies with pumped engines swear by it.
post #14 of 18 Old 05-27-2014, 8:34 PM

Reputation Power: 16

I did commercial lawn care for about 4 years. We never had a can with straight gas, any can was mixed. We didn't want to take a chance running straight gas in the trimmers or blowers. We ran mixed gas in our one push mower always. Never caused any problems. 50:1 is a very weak mix. I still run my pressure washer at home with mixed gas. I love the smell of Castor 927, makes me feel like I am riding even while just cleaning my bike. I run it with my CR500 gas and have it mixed anywhere from 32:1-40:1. Sometimes I dump older mixed gas into my Range Rover to get rid of it, I figure a little oil burning doesn't hurt as I have used mixed gas in just about anything with an engine. I am a little stumped as to it running with the plug wire removed, something weird about that.

2001 Erion 929 Race Bike
1998 Ducati 748
2002 CR125/CR500 Aluminum Conversion
1994 CR500 Completely Built
2000CR250/CR500 Conversion In Process
1950 Indian Warrior 500cc Vertical Twin
1995 Mustang Cobra Turbo Built 820rwhp/879ftlbs
post #15 of 18 Old 05-27-2014, 8:40 PM

Reputation Power: 16

This reminded me, I will be running a very lean 2 stroke mix in my road endurance race this weekend as I did not burn all the 2 stroke fuel I have and need the can. I will be splitting about two gallons mixed 32:1 between three five gallon jugs and then topping them all to five gallons. I don't have enough jugs for the endurance race and have to use the 2 stroke jug also. I figure the people behind me are gonna wonder why my bike smells so good. The best smell in the world is Castor 927 and race fuel, I will not be using race fuel, but Castor smells sooooo good on it's own.

2001 Erion 929 Race Bike
1998 Ducati 748
2002 CR125/CR500 Aluminum Conversion
1994 CR500 Completely Built
2000CR250/CR500 Conversion In Process
1950 Indian Warrior 500cc Vertical Twin
1995 Mustang Cobra Turbo Built 820rwhp/879ftlbs

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page