JenningsGP - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 05-30-2003, 7:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: JenningsGP

Read here

I dunno what that means, but I thought the guy was quite the character and I dunno what has spurred this...

Just thought I would spread the word as a lot of you met him as I did...

Charlie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 05-30-2003, 7:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yeah, I saw/experienced a few things there that makes this move by JenningsGP understandable.
post #3 of 18 Old 05-30-2003, 7:27 PM

Interesting...

He was the guy that told me to take off my rear and turn it round and remount it backwards after the first day... I said uh huh and didn't...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 05-30-2003, 9:04 PM

Reputation Power: 21

Talking to some race team owners and other veterans of the sport that attend Jennings, they didn't think the mentality of the staff there had much sense in the subject of liability. Not mentioning any names of course but the term 'it will bite them in the ass soon enough' comes to mind. Not sure exactly all that was on their mind since I'm new there but they mentioned that some changes will be coming soon. I never had any problem up there the few times I've attended.
post #5 of 18 Old 05-30-2003, 9:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
TraumaOne : Interesting...

He was the guy that told me to take off my rear and turn it round and remount it backwards after the first day... *I said uh huh and didn't...
Thats actually a good idea...
post #6 of 18 Old 05-30-2003, 9:37 PM Thread Starter

I personally thought the staff at jennings was good. Yeah, their tech thingy was weird, but thats up to them...

But as far as working with them, they helping with the event, making it happen, helping with check in, they were pretty good.
post #7 of 18 Old 05-30-2003, 9:54 PM

Yeah, the corner workers/staff was GREAT!
post #8 of 18 Old 06-01-2003, 1:28 PM

i liked it there and am glad that I did not get to really 'meet' the cornerworkers up close and personal.

what did you see conq that was not satisfactory?
post #9 of 18 Old 06-01-2003, 1:33 PM

There were several people, including myself, in the beginners group that were 'spooked' by very close, high speed passes by Fat Bloke. The whole purpose of the beginners group is to get people comfortable on the track, and that's not how it should be done. Especially by the track manager.
post #10 of 18 Old 06-01-2003, 5:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
ConqSoft : ...in the beginners group that were 'spooked' by very close, high speed passes...
And thus the riders meeting mid morning on sunday.

I hope everyone eventually got comfortable in their respective groups. People that wanted to move or had problems told us, and it was handled. If I or anyone didn't know about it, we didn't know to do anything. So thanks to those that spoke up...
post #11 of 18 Old 06-01-2003, 8:08 PM

Reputation Power: 21

Quote:
ConqSoft : There were several people, including myself, in the beginners group that were 'spooked' by very close, high speed passes by Fat Bloke. *The whole purpose of the beginners group is to get people comfortable on the track, and that's not how it should be done. *Especially by the track manager.
He spooks me often but after seeing who it was and recognizing his ability, It calmed me a little. I really don't know what he was doing in the beginner group anyway. Not like he was showing anyone something or teaching. He was just out there alone. He buzzed me in the intermediate group 2 up on a previous track day. Humbling yes, but he does cut it rather close. Especially when I don't leave much room following 'my' line. He does have good advise to offer though. But as far as 'safe' track practice, he does push the envelope a little.
post #12 of 18 Old 06-02-2003, 8:54 PM

Quote:
ConqSoft : There were several people, including myself, in the beginners group that were 'spooked' by very close, high speed passes by Fat Bloke. *The whole purpose of the beginners group is to get people comfortable on the track, and that's not how it should be done. *Especially by the track manager.
gotcha. i didn't know he was even the track manager
post #13 of 18 Old 06-02-2003, 9:58 PM

Quote:
yup yup. He scared the crap out of me one time in turn 3...passed me like I was standing still about 3 feet off my starboard side.
post #14 of 18 Old 06-02-2003, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
nhfirefighter13 : yup yup. He scared the crap out of me one time in turn 3...passed me like I was standing still about 3 feet off my starboard side.
heh heh, he gave me about 6 inches (of space you NH sicko! ) one time, but I was cool with it... *Some guys/gals closeness tolerance level is higher/lower than others, and the passing rider needs to take that into account...

post #15 of 18 Old 06-02-2003, 11:46 PM

I s'pose it woulda been ok had he been closer IF I HAD KNOWN HE WAS THERE. I was concentrating on what was in front of me and had no idea he was even there. Plus he passed me right on the section of track that I was aiming for...you see the world SBK race yesterday? The one with Hodgson and whathisname slammed into each other? yeeeah, I'm all set with that, thanks.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitchin about it, he seemed like a nice guy and neither of us died so it's all good with me.

PS: I don't really need to hear about him giving you 6 inches of anything.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page