New CBR Ugly!! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 05-11-2016, 2:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

New CBR Ugly!!

Why are the new CBR 1000's so incredibly hideous?? I have a 2001 cbr 929 and I'm not trying to be biased because its mine but the it seems like they took the time back then to make the motorcycles sexier and visually stimulating, Even the enormous pipe looks cool. They even had an analog looking tachometer and the rear seat was fatter. Now everything is all skimpy, one color, digital and plain....I'm sure its a superior bike but it ain't got no alibi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-11-2016, 5:35 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 122

Garage
Re: New CBR Ugly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto07 View Post
Why are the new CBR 1000's so incredibly hideous?? I have a 2001 cbr 929 and I'm not trying to be biased because its mine but the it seems like they took the time back then to make the motorcycles sexier and visually stimulating, Even the enormous pipe looks cool. They even had an analog looking tachometer and the rear seat was fatter. Now everything is all skimpy, one color, digital and plain....I'm sure its a superior bike but it ain't got no alibi!
1. Hideous? We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.
2. Even the enormous pipe looks cool? Matter of opinion there too.
3. They even had an analog looking tachometer. I prefer analog gauges as well.
4. The rear seat was fatter. I do like a little junk in the trunk myself. I however find the 954 sexier, but I am biased.

5. I'm sure its a superior bike but it ain't got no alibi! Are you a high school cheerleader?

Dear Hamamatsu, please send me one of your skimpy, mono-chromatic, plain machines. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-honda-cbr1000rr-sp-hrc-sport-bike-fireblade-motorcycle-supersport-cbr-1000-rr-cbr1000-1000r.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	230.5 KB
ID:	64411

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli

Last edited by fj1200rj; 05-11-2016 at 5:52 AM.
post #3 of 8 Old 05-11-2016, 6:55 AM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 59

like with cars... it seems their "souls" have been replaced with technology, efficiency, light-weightedness (I know it's not a word), and the "race" to be 1st in competition. nobody want to see Valentino Rossi come in last place on his "sweet" Hurricane 1000F

I do like the new stuff, but I like my old stuff too

are we talking about bikes or wives here

non-Honda fleet: EX250JAF, VL1500LC, ZX600-E1, ZX600-E12
"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-12-2016, 8:09 AM

I'm hard pressed to tell a BMW, R1, CBR1000 and others apart. Yes, they're all ugly too in my opinion. They all look cookie cutter to me, and nothing to be desired. I like the older bikes myself, as well as older cars for the exact same reason. Every new bike needs the tail eliminator kit installed, or take a Sawzall to it. VFR1200F tried to be different, and no one will buy it. The ugliest bike is a Victory Vision. Ugliest sport bike is a Hayabusa. Looks like an underwater vehicle. I admit, I owned one of the ugliest bikes too, a Bking, looks like a Batman bike. I sold it and even make some money on it. I never once was passed by a CBR in a straight line. (FL that's all we got to brag about.) You got to dress them up to make them individualized. I don't love any bike more than if the price is right. It's objectivity, free cost of ownership over time, and I get more enjoyment out of variety than to limit myself to ride only one bike model for years. Like ice cream, either you enjoy 31 flavors, or you stick to vanilla. What pisses me off is when everyone only makes vanilla, and that's what you got for 2016, by all outward appearances.
Attached Thumbnails
bking.jpg‎  

Last edited by 1926; 06-12-2016 at 8:25 AM.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-12-2016, 3:10 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23

Garage

Ugly! Really?

post #6 of 8 Old 06-12-2016, 5:56 PM

Why did you show 2014 pics of port wine cheese inspired paint jobs on a 2016 model thread?
It's not a Harley, not a wife, not someone's kid, it's a sport bike, so check the emotional responses and learn how to accept, like that Harley one time post guy that didn't lock up his stolen bike, yet needed it like a testicle.

I get favorable responses on non-CBR forums that see these are ugly too. If you don't drink Honda Koolaid, your mind has the clarity to call ugly, ugly. To sugar coat this pill, it's kinda of like the Camry of sport bikes. Better than a Nissan Cube, more appeal than an Aztec minivan, but it's still kind of a Camry, which isn't the worst thing someone can call the rest of the Honda line up.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 4.54.51 PM.png‎   ugly.jpg‎   Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 5.59.58 PM.png‎  
post #7 of 8 Old 06-12-2016, 6:13 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1926 View Post
Why did you show 2014 pics of port wine cheese inspired paint jobs on a 2016 model thread?
Because it's the same bike, just in a different colour scheme, the changes to the 2016 MY Blade are minimal.

However I do concede that against this beauty the Fireblade looks like the backend of a bus!

post #8 of 8 Old 06-12-2016, 6:21 PM

The attachment I shared was all that I saw, no copper accent wheels, no studio lighting effects, or hard to find color schemes that hide the lines in question.

If I saw all of these options, sure, it's starting to look like a bike.

Elvis has left the building (oops, wrong thread)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page